script for having radio field filled in

H

This topic is 3004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi 

What i want is that when i create a new record  my check box field get auto selected the correct option.

How would i script that what ever i try doesn`t seem to get it working.

Please can someone help me out with this.

Thanks

I guess what you are looking for is lookup; no? The question is where do you lookup the correct option?

Edited by ggt667

how would i define to autoenter a radio box on creation?

i can`t seem to get it  , putting in set field "fieldtext" , but not giving me the results.

please can someone help me out

or auto enter in the data box putting in the radio box field name not getting the results

13 minutes ago, H said:

how would i define to autoenter a radio box on creation?

The same way as you would for any field. For example, this will auto-enter the value of "No" into a field that could be formatted as "Yes/No" radio buttons. Actually, the field's formatting on the layout has nothing to do with it - this is purely a data question. The same field could be formatted as radio buttons on one layout, and as an edit box on another.

ae.png.33f6054dd2de699b0915cbe1421a968e.

See also: http://www.filemaker.com/help/14/fmp/en/html/create_db.8.24.html

Edited by comment

1 hour ago, H said:

How would i script that what ever i try doesn`t seem to get it working

How are these checkboxes made up?  One checkbox per field, or a group of checkboxes based on one value list?

based on a value list.

Actually what i see is in a edit box field it show up the correct answer however in the radio box field of the same field in the same record and table the radio box is not highlighted

4 minutes ago, H said:

what i see is in a edit box field it show up the correct answer however in the radio box field of the same field in the same record and table the radio box is not highlighted

I don't think this is related to your original question. In any case, what you see indicates that the value entered is not exactly the same as the one in the value list. For example, one of them could have a trailing space.

Comment is exactly right here.

If the list that sets the choices for your radio./ checkbox has list items Blue, Orange and Pink  where Blue and Pink are 4 chars and Orange is 6 chars and you set the field to anything other than Blue with 4 chars, Pink with 4 chars or Orange with 6 chars the control will not show as selected.

Edited by Kris M

This topic is 3004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.