Server Maintenance This Week. ×

populating fields in a portal

beckham

This topic is 2893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I would like to be know if its possible to populate a portal with a recording of field change data"

i.e.: my field contains data : 12345 if that fields data changes to 6789 I would like the 12345 to be recorded in the portal, ideally with a timestamp?

Also it may be changed more than once, and all changes should be recorded.

Thank you for any advice offered.

Edited by beckham
missed information

Hi Beckham

You could use a script triggers.

Have an OnObjectEnter script trigger on the field, and run a script when that fires to save the current value of the field in a global variable (something like $$valueOfFieldnameOnEntry)

Have another script trigger on the same field of OnObjectModify. When that fires, run a script to see if the current value is different from the saved value from the global. If it is different, create a record in your portal table and record whatever information you want to save.

This technique would create a simple audit trail of modifications.

Many thanks for the info I have been in touch with Ray.

I have almost got a working solution with the script triggers "OnObjectEnter" a script captures the field data as a global variable,

"OnObjectSave" captures the new value as a local variable.

I send this data to a portal, in which via the relationship can create records, the first data change displays the old and new values OK

But when i do any further changes to be recorded it just replaces the data in the first portal line, does anyone know why that might be?

Go to Object [Object Name: “portal” ]

Go to Portal Row [Select; Last]

Set Field…etc

Many Thanks

Hi Rwoods

Thanks for the help, The only issue I have with your solution is "create a record in your portal table and record whatever information you want to save"

What I find is it constantly overwrite the first portal row? despite the relationship set to allow creation of records in the audit table?

thanks for any advise

This topic is 2893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.