2 posts in this topic
(posted on FileMaker Community also)
I have a client where we use the Base Elements plugin to transfer data to a web site.
The web site developer has given us an API, and we use the BE_HTTP_PUT_DATA command for this purpose.
This is used with FMS14 scheduled script.
Results are MOSTLY successful.
However, occasionally the script will hang. We have put a time limit on the server schedule, and it is supposed to abort if the time limit is passed.
Though the abort happens, it leaves the scheduled user running, and the only way to disconnect that "hung" user is to use fmsadmin restart fmse.
After much testing, it appears that somewhere there is a 600 second limit.
It looks like all instances of failure occur when it takes the web site longer than 600 seconds to return a result.
Most results return in 530 seconds or greater.
After emailing Nick Orr at Goya about this, he mentioned the curl option CURLOPT_TIMEOUT.
The base elements plugin has a command, BE_Curl_Set_Option.
I have found nothing anywhere in the system that declares this.
I could try to use the BE_Curl_Set_Option command.
However, it seems likely that something else in the system might be setting this.
Some other plugins are use by this system, including 360works Plastic 2.
Any ideas on where to look for this 600 second limit?
By Roger Tuan
Halfway through a Reset Sync the sync stopped with an "Error: java.io.EOFException" in the status area.
Upon retrying and restarting MirrorSync, every action results in the "error unmarshalling return" error shown below. I can't create any new syncs.
Redownloaded the config client but still the same error. Is there somewhere I can go to delete all config client related files and start over?
I had set up a sync and everything went fine, syncing 100,000 records.
I then modified the the Customization script in FM to constrain found records to some 2000. I then right-clicked my sync and made it Reset Sync Data, hoping it would get rid of the excesses.
MirrorSync spent some time deleting records before crashing with the error message "java.io.EOFException".
Sent a log report.
Trying the MirrorSync config client from another computer resulted in the same error. I am going to uninstall and reinstall MirrorSync now.
I have had 2 transactions that come back with the error "Declined: 15005" - which means the transaction is declined by the card issuer. This is a card not present, simple transaction so the only info being passed is the cardholder name, credit card number, expiration date, verification code and card type. Both customers called their banks and the transaction is being declined in one case because the address doesn't match and the other because the zip code didn't match. This makes no sense because that info is not even being passed in the transaction. Both cards that gave the 15005 error were ran via ICVerify outside of FM and they were immediately approved. Any idea why Plastic can't get them to go through?
By Timothy Ackerman
Here's what I did. I copied the Demo table, scripts, and even the layout items and pasted it all into my solution, which is called "Intakeform". I related the Demo table to my main table by creating a field called personal_ID in the Demo table, and relating that to my Personal Info table via agreement_ID.
What I'm trying to do is create PDFs on webdirect. The only difference between what I'm trying to do, and the Demo database from 360Works is that I want to navigate to multiple layouts, save them all as PDFs and then append them to one PDF, and have it show up in the container field.
I have that working in Filemaker Pro Adv, hosted remotely, and local to my machine.
For testing purposes, I Filemaker Server running on my local machine. I am planning to move it to my hosting environment at Foxtail tomorrow.
When I click the button on webdirect, nothing happens. When I click the button on Filemaker, it collects the layouts, saves them to PDF, and it shows up in the container field, without fail.
I'm wondering if the problem is the port. I am going to try to hard code that, instead of getting it from the port field in the Demo table.
So this is what I am attempting: hardcoding the port.
Changed above IWP_Generate PDF script to hardcode port.
RemoteScripterTrigger( Get(HostIPAddress) ; //We assume that FileMaker Pro client is running on the same computer as IWP, but this could also be the address of a separate processing computer
7244 ; //Selected port number. Needs to match the port number that the plugin was started on in FileMaker Pro Client "param" //It is possible to put anything here, which will be sent to the script as a script parameter )
And then I'm restart the plug-in on localhost.
timothy$ fmsadmin restart wpe -y
timothy$ fmsadmin restart fmse -y
timothy$ netstat -a | grep 7244
tcp4 0 0 *.7244 *.* LISTEN
Still no luck.
Webdirect first click, nothing shows up.
In filemaker pro, everything works as expected:
Then in webdirect, we see the attachment in the container:
I need to make this work in webdirect alone.