Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ron G

Export records into existing .fp7 possible?

7 posts in this topic

After a *lot* of climbing of the learning curve, I got my Import function to work. (thank you 360Works for ScriptMaster selectFile() ).

I figured I could write a similar procedure to 'archive'/export individual database records. So, I copied my original database (Members.fp7) and created (MembersArchive.fp7).

In my Members::Export Script, I selected MembersArchive.

When I opened MembersArchive there was all the data, but the Layouts, scripts etc have ALL been deleted. huh? It seems like Export isn't the way to go. It seems like Export is geared to sending .fp7 into spreadsheets etc. But, there is an .fp7 'type'?

Would I be better off if I would just OPEN Members.Archive and run an import script.

Is importing the only way to get a found set or a single record into MembersArchive.fp7???

Thank you

Open the MembersArchive file and IMPORT the desired records from the Members table.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Good to have the confirmation. Thank you.

By the way, I need to import just the found set or just a single record (and it's related records). I didn't see any Import options that would apply these restrictions on the Source. Or, am I missing something?

thanks

You will want to run a script in the archive file that goes to the source file and establish the found set before import.

Or just open the source file. Perform your find, then from the archive file, run the import. Filemaker will import based on the found set.

What Ron said, but keep in mind that the source file must be open for this to happen. If it is closed, the target file will import all records of the source.

What Ron said, but keep in mind that the source file must be open for this to happen. If it is closed, the target file will import all records of the source.

Ah ha!. That must be why I have so much trouble importing a found set. Thanks for the tip.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Productive Computing, Inc.
      San Diego, CA – July 7, 2016 – Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker® Business Alliance, is proud to announce the release of File Manipulator version 4.0.0.0 for Macintosh® and Windows®. 

File Manipulator is compatible with FileMaker 13-15 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), FileMaker 15 for Mac (64-bit), FileMaker 13-14 for Mac (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7/8/10, and Mac OS X 10.9-10.11.

File Manipulator version 4 enables users to:
      Copy, move, rename or delete files and folders directly from a FileMaker solution
      Compress and decompress files 
      Encrypt file data with password protection and decrypt file data
      Access all file and folder information on a local or network drive
      Obtain drive space free and drive space used
      Updates for this version release include:

Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.11
      64-bit compatibility for both Windows and Mac
      Added functionality to return the free space of a specified drive in bytes
      Added functionality to return the used space of a specified drive in bytes
      Installer packages for easy installation and uninstallation
      More efficient processing with a fully redesigned plug-in 
      Updated the Compress File function
      Updated the Expand File function 
      Updated Developer’s and Functions Guide

The File Manipulator plug-in is available for $79.95 with discounted 5, 10, and 25 user packages available. Existing File Manipulator users are eligible for a 35% discount. Please visit http://www.productivecomputing.com/file-manipulator for additional pricing information and to download the demo.
       Please contact sales@productivecomputing.com or (760) 510-1200 for additional questions.
    • By Jack Wright
      Hello all
      So I'm pretty new to Filemaker and CWP - I have created a form which people fill out and it stores the data in a filemaker solution. The idea being a script is then run which will notify a user if the form has been submitted.

Now I have the script for that and all the Filemaker side completed, as well as the data entry from the PHP form, but I am really struggling with running a script with a parameter...

It runs the script, but not the parameter attached.

For a bit of context, 

Someone fills out the form and it is entered into the database,

a script is then called with the parameter being an ID, the script then checks the ID with the parameter ID and then sends a notification to the user with the details from the record where the IDs match... but it will not pass the ID parameter into the script from the web application.

Here is my script

require_once ('FileMaker.php'); $fm = new FileMaker(); $fm->setProperty('database', 'comms__web'); $fm->setProperty('hostspec', 'http://192.168.X.XXX'); $fm->setProperty('username', 'web'); $fm->setProperty('password', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'); $newPerformScript = $fm->newPerformScriptCommand('Web','TestScript','test'); $result = $newPerformScript->execute(); Please help me out here... Been trying to research this issue and nowhere really actually helps. 

Cheers

Jack

• By shevyshevy
      I have come across this technique severally on this forum, but I can't figure out how this really works. Right now I am faced with a situation that requires similar technique and I can't seem to get it work.
      I have Table A and Table B.
      1. I want to script an import Process that will first export all records in Table A into Table B (kinda A Clone Copy of Table A) Thats just my basic objective
      2. Then from there, I would want to be able to do similar Process but this time, I will only update the records in Table B with that of Table A using a match field.
      3. I will also love to perform the process based on a found count. ie after performing a find of specific records
      I think If I can be guided on achieving NO. 1, then I can similarly script the others..

• By Cyrus
      I'm using Filemaker Pro 11 in Windows 7, trying to automate the exporting of files from container fields.  I've written a script that goes through all the records to export the files in the container fields while skipping empty container fields.  The code works well, except that there are a number of records with container fields where I get the "Container fields cannot be exported." error.  When I try go to these records and try manually exporting the container field contents by right clicking, the "Export Field Contents..." option is grayed out, though I am able to open the document and then manually save it.  There are, however, way too many of these cases for me to practically do this one by one, so I'm hoping if someone has an idea what's going on here and how I might be able to automate the exporting of these fields that are giving me this error.

To help me troubleshoot this, I wrote a shorter code that focused on exporting the field contents of just one record.  This helped me figure out which records were giving me this error.  Here's the code:

If[not(isEmpty(TABLENAME_::FIELDNAME))]
           Set Variable [$filePath; Value:"filewin:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & TABLENAME_::TABLE_ID_FIELD]
           Export Field Contents [TABLENAME_::FIELDNAME; "$filePath"]
      End If

I've been searching and trying a bunch of different things, but with no luck.  Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    • By JLanclos
      Has anyone come across a way to have filemaker execute an online trade with a brokerage account? I want a DB to place a trade buy or sell with a brokerage house - probably thru an API
      Thanks in advance
      J