Looking for a plug in to track user stats

fmow

This topic is 3625 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I could probably implement one myself, but I am sure it will take upwards of a couple of weeks or so to have it working with a semblance of reliability. What I am after are pretty rudimentary stuff like how long a user was online, what fields they edited, what layouts they visited, if they searched for anything. And kind of an aggregator, a report that is on all that. And hopefully not a big hit in terms of system resources, which is another factor for me to look for something outside of my own development. 

There are a number of audit logs that will capture what fields are changed, but there is nothing comprehensive for everything that you are after..

To capture when a user logs on or off:

- you can either build a sessions table in your solutions

- or rely on the access log that FMS keeps (you can import and parse that one)

For what layouts user visit and what searches they do: that you'll have to script yourself.

Monitoring always adds an extra load to the system, there is no avoiding that.  The impact of the extra load depends on your coding proficiency, the complexity of the solution and the server's capability.

• Like 1

There are a number of audit logs that will capture what fields are changed, but there is nothing comprehensive for everything that you are after..

To capture when a user logs on or off:

- you can either build a sessions table in your solutions

- or rely on the access log that FMS keeps (you can import and parse that one)

For what layouts user visit and what searches they do: that you'll have to script yourself.

Monitoring always adds an extra load to the system, there is no avoiding that. The impact of the extra load depends on your coding proficiency, the complexity of the solution and the server's capability.

Thanks for that thoroughly excellent response Wim.

I will definitely give your suggestion about importing from the server and/or building a sessions table a go, and try to script in the extra requirements about usage I might have.

This topic is 3625 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.