Create/run a Server-side Applescript with Variables

wedgeman

This topic is 3493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Utilizing a contact management db with a SIP-based (VOIP) phone system.

This runs on FMPS  9-12 currently. I know I can convert 12 to run on the server, but is there a way to do this on 9 or 10?

We have click-thrus on screen, for the user to have his phone automatically dial a phone# in the current record (he chooses any of the 8 fields which house phone #s)....

The method of this is run thru an Applescript, residing on the client machine and running from the client machine.  It feeds a code to the local VOIP server, which then triggers the phone call.

Several challenges: new client boxes have to be 'key'd" to the VOIP server, they also sometimes "glitch" (we think due to machine speed/delays), resulting in missed dials.

How would one tell the SERVER to run the applescript, and then have the variables passed TO the server?

Essentially, the script does the following:

SetVariable ($ext; Value:AcctNameTable:UserExtensionPrefered)    (the extension dialing "from")

SetVariable ($NUMBERTODIAL:ContactPreferedDial)                  (the phone# we're dialing "to")

SetVariable ($scriptpath; Value: "/funnyscripts/dialscript.sh")       (script on local HDD that puts all together)

Perform Applescript ("do shell script "" & $scriptpath & "" & $ext" & "" & $NUMBERTODIAL")

I've simplified this a bit, but that's really it... the shell resides on the local user HDD (another factor inhibiting scaling)....

How would I best approach stuffing this on the server and having it do the script?

EDIT:  Perhaps I should also note the actual shell script:

It is essentially creating a filenname, filling it with various needed parts (channel, context, priority level, ext#, callerID, and number to dial.

Then it does a copy (scp) of that to the PBX server, placing it into an active phone call folder. (the PBX system constantly processes said folder).

**IF** I could simply install the script on the server, pass the variables to it, and ahve the server run the script, any scaling issues would disappear (I think)..

thoughts?

This topic is 3493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.