H

would a popover button work within a popover button?

7 posts in this topic

Hi

please can someone let me know if this is possible.

would a popover button work within a popover???

Thanks,

I believe this is possible, but not recommended... From FileMaker:

• Popovers should not be nested.  In other words, it is not recommended to put a popover inside another popover.

thanks for your response.

why is that and if is done would it work at all?

Cuz i tried it and the popover doesn`t come up, just the button display.

@webko. I started to reply to this, with a similar response as  seen in the first reply to the link you provided.

@H Although you may be able to do this, I’m curious as to why you would want to?

As far as I know, only one popover will ever be displayed at a time. So even if you could nest them, which you can't, only one would show at a time :)

Depending on the effect you want, you may be able to pull it off some other way.

Mike

There is a technique for pop-over buttons that are not attached to a specific button. It's described here:

https://www.gomainspring.com/simple-time-savers/building-a-modal-dialog-using-popovers/

From within your first pop-over button you could use the GoToObject script step to open the second pop-over. Then use OnObjectExit to restore the first one. This would be a switching between two pop-over buttons though, nothing layered.

Come to think of it, you could do that with two normal pop-over buttons too...  :-|

HOWEVER, with method above, a transparent pop-over area stretching your entire screen, you could probably "fake" a second layer to your objects placed within by help of show/hide and conditional formatting...

1 person likes this