If statement not evaluating correctly

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone. Strange behavior happening with my script that I can't determine the source of:

I have a dropdown list on my Loans layout that triggers a script. The dropdown TEXT field is set to a simple Yes or No, and when changed, triggers this script.

At the beginning of my script, I pass the value of the dropdown field to a variable "$returned". It correctly receives the selected value. And the value correctly matches that of the field Loan Sale::Returned.

However, when I go to test the variable, or even the original field-- If($returned="Yes") or by testing If(Loan Sale::Returned = "Yes) --it does not validate. I even use a Show Custom Dialog box with the values of both $returned and Loan Sale::Returned, and both appear as "Yes". The field is definitely set to Text, and I even tried GetAsText($returned) to see if that would = "Yes" but it doesn't pass the test.

I tried passing a Commit Records step at the beginning of the script in case there was a cached value, but this didn't solve anything either.

The screenshots show the valuue being "Yes", and then I proceeded to Step-Into the statement and you can see it skips over without returning true.

Thanks for the help,
Ryan 

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 2.51.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 2.51.57 PM.png

12 hours ago, Wim Decorte said:

spaces or trailing returns in the value?

oh my god....yes. I hadn't considered that, but there was a trailing white-space character after the Yes value.

thanks for pointing out the obvious!

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.