Stephen Murphy

How to add extra insert field button in the email template

How do you add an additional insert field button on the email template in the contacts module?

Hello Stephen,

To Add an additional button like the ones on the left hand side, you'll need to do a few things.

First, you'll need to make some changes to script (0733). You'll need to add a new "if" to check for a new Script Parameter.

After that, you will need to edit the field "email_text_calc"

You'll need to add  new "result" (resultf) and and set it up as follows: [ resultf  = Substitute(resulte; "<<Your_Inserted_Field_Name>>"; table::your_actual_field ]

The set the final part to be "resultf" instead of "resulte"

If all that seems too complex, or just a touch above your skill level, RCC does offer One-on-One FileMaker Coaching, where you and an RCC Engineer, will screenshare and he can walk you through processes and help you fix issues you are having, all while teaching you how to do it for yourself. If that sounds like something you would be interested in, please email support@rcconsulting.com. I'd be happy to provide you additional information from there.

Thanks!

Jonathan Hogle

Hi Jonathan

I'll try that and let you know how I get on thanks

Best regards

Stephen

Hi Jonathan

I've managed to do the script and field modifications but i seem to be having a challenge with adding the new button on the email template

When I duplicate one of the other buttons after changing the criteria in the new "if" script I'm just getting the same field from the button that I duplicated ?

Stephen

Stephen,

Are you also changing the Script parameter for the new button? To do this, when you are selecting a script for the button to run, in the box that says "Specify Script Parameter" change it to what you told it in the "if" statement.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    Jesse Barnum  fishtech  NLR  Ron Cates  Junior360Works  doughemi  Lee Smith  SarahS  Amber360Works 
  • Similar Content

• By froodware
      Hi
      This is just to let you know that we released updates for the 32/64 bit versions of our Contacts and Calendar plugins. 
      Latest version of the Contacts plugin is: 2.61
      Latest version of the Calendar plugin is: 1.17
      The Calendar plugin had one small bug, in the Contacts we fixed some bugs in the sync engine and made some improvements in handling of CardDav IDs. We suggest all our users to update to the latest versions, downloads available from our website www.froodware.com
      A big "Thank You" for the users who reported these bugs to us, and for the suggestions for improvements they gave us. 
      For the people unfamiliar with our products: with these plugins you can read/write data between Filemaker Pro and Apple's Contacts and Calendar and from there sync with Apple's iCloud. More info: www.froodware.com
      All the best,
      Daniel - Froodware
    • By Ben Moore
      I am a distributor.  My customers can also be distributors.  They can also be large companies with many locations and hundreds of contacts, like Pepsi.  Is it wiser to keep the "Accounts" table as is with only one "bill to" and "ship to" address and really treat accounts as locations, or create a separate table for "ship to" addresses and associate them with an account relationally?  Has anyone else with this sort of customer relationship found a succesful solution.  I simply don't see the efficiency of having to store the same contact and billing information for 50 different locations for all my larger accounts. For instance accounting personnel, regional and district managers etc are connected to many locations under the same "account".
    • By froodware
      Hi,
      We're happy to let you know that we've released V2.5 of our Address Book plugin, it is now called the Contacts plugin. 
      Apart from  32/64 bit compatibility we've also added a lot of new features:
      - support for the UTF 8 character set for non Roman language users 
      - performance improvements 
      - several function enhancements 
      - an enhanced customizable, resizable people picker 
      - a new synchronization engine with many functions to automate updating Apple Contacts to your Filemaker solution in both directions. This is the biggest change compared to V1, and we're sure you're gonna love it. Check out the examples in the downloads, see below. 

This new version is compatible with Filemaker 11 - 15

With the release of V2 of we increased the price slightly because of the increased functionality. Registered users can purchase this new plugin for a special price: if they purchase before the 1st of October 2016 they'll get a 60% discount on the normal price.
      We have sent all registered users and developers an email with the necessary details. If you haven't received this email please send an email to daniel@froodware.com

Please note that you'll get a new license, so your existing v1 license can still be used on older FM systems. (up to FM14)

Download (works 30 days in demo) from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibolamiexo9w6sq/install%20Contacts%20Plug-In.pkg?dl=1

Purchase from the link below or through our website:

https://store3.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR0533432726&pc=&page=OnePageCatalog.htm

The download includes detailed documentation about all plugin functions and how to integrate them in your solution, a separate application manual to incorporate the new synchronizer engine and a set of FMP examples to get you started.
      You can purchase and authorise from within Filemaker Pro or from our website.

Enjoy!
      Froodware

More info: www.froodware.com

PS We're now working on a 32/64 bit version of our Calendar plugin.
    • By lowbrow
      Hello!
      Although I used FileMaker 3-4 years ago to build a nice database to organize my material, research, and notes for my creative writing projects (and I still use that same database today), I haven't actually built anything new in FileMaker since then, so bear with me!
      My current objective is to create something that approximates a merger between the 'Starter Solution – Contacts' and the 'Starter Solution – Content Management' templates.  
      The 'Contacts' starter solution template is a pretty great foundation for what I need in order to organize personnel because I'm doing a pretty large project wherein I will be working on a variety of smaller creative productions for which I will be collaborating with dozens of actors, actresses, musicians, writers, photographers, videographers/filmmakers, models, etc.  
      The 'Content Management' template is only so-so for what I would like in order to organize a database of material, ideas, and notes (I will be primarily authoring or writing most of the scripts and sketches to be performed or produced as well as being the overall manager of all the creative content made).
      One concrete problem is that I'm having trouble creating a conditional value list, where I first select the "medium" or the type of content that will ultimately be produced (writing, still photography, or video/film), then according to my selection, the options for the next field will be narrowed down to a pre-determined set of choices (for example, if I chose 'still photography,' my options for the next field would be something like: "nature photos, portraiture photos, action photos, architecture photos, object photos," etc.).  
      I did find a guide for doing this, but it's not quite working for me.  If anyone knows the best (and possibly simplest!) way to achieve this, I'd very much appreciate it if you shared this with me.
      Anyway, I would also like other fields on Content Management database, like logistical information (date and time of production, location of production, etc.).  But a key feature I would like is for it to be connect with the Contacts database.  By this I mean that I can plug in perhaps 3-4 potential actors who might be compatible to cast for a specific role in a specific script in the Content Management database, and after plugging them in, I'd like for there to be some kind of button or function where I can click each of the candidates' names (or click a button next to each name) and be directed to their record or profile in the Contacts database (which will have their bio, photos, contact info, etc.).  
      I appreciate any tips!  I know I can find all of this out simply by researching more, but I was just hoping perhaps someone had a quick solution, as it seems like the need for combining these two types of databases might arise fairly often.
      Thanks!

• By froodware
      Hi
      With the release of the FM14 product line we've had some questions from users about the compatibility of our plugins (the Address Book selector for data exchange between Apple's Contacts and FM and the Calendar plugin for data exchange between Apple's Calendar and FM) so I thought I'd better post the info here:
      Our plugins work in FM14, as long as you open FM14 in 32 bit mode. You can set FM14 to open in 32 bit mode by selecting the application, choose ‘Get Info’ and tick the box 'open in 32 bit mode'.
      Our installer does not install the plugin in the FM14 extensions folder yet, but you can drag it there manually, either by copying it from the extensions folder from an earlier version of FMP, or by copying it from the Froodware folder in the Applications folder.  Note: sometimes the icon of the plugin might look like a folder, but the plugin will still work normally.    Please note that if you work in Mac OSX 10.9x or 10.10x you need to give Filemaker Pro access to Contacts/Calendar when using our plugins. You can do so by going to your System Preferences->Security and Privacy and add Filemaker Pro to the list of applications that is allowed to access Contacts/Calendar.    We will release an update soon that will install the plugin in the FM14 Extensions folder, and fixes the icon issue.  We are looking into the 64 bit version of our plugins, but we do not have an estimated release date for this yet.    Feel free to contact us in case you have questions about this. (info@froodware.com)   Happy Filemakering!   Froodware  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.