Can I Disable, Bypass or Delete the FMP "Launch Center"

JH Howland

This topic is 1929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my opinion the FMP "Launch center" just destroys some more FMP user friendlyness.

What could have been more friendly than being able to have the solution start file shortcut on the windows desktop.  But Nooooo, from v14 on we must have a launch center whether we want it or not.  What was wrong with FMP "Quick Start" and the option check box to "Show this screen when Filemaker Pro opens".  

How about adding a check box the the launcher to "Show this screen when Filemaker Pro opens".

Or, how about a workaround to disable, bypass or delete the "Launch Center".

Is this at all possible?

• 1 month later...

you can create a shortcut to open your database directly.

I wrote this post an eternity ago, but it still is relevant (you will need to change the protocol from fmp7 to fmp)

https://phillyfilemaker.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/tips-and-tricks-open-a-filemaker-database-using-a-hyperlink/

This will bypass the Launch Center, but not delete it.

Jerry

• 1 year later...

The annoying part about launch center is that it interrupts AppleScripts; there should really be a disable launch center check box in preferences.

I have tried having the AppleScript reference the file, and this is not an easy task, I have put a delay 10 between launching of the file and execution of the script; and it usually works, but not always.

This topic is 1929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.