Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Authorize.net Tokens

kgasman

This topic is 2516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have seen the below statement in other responses, but I do not understand the script steps necessary to achieve this. I have the latest Plastic plugin

Please help

"But using Plastic can help make your practices PCI compliant. For example, if you use Authorize.net as your gateway, Plastic can submit payment card and ACH account numbers to Authorize.net's PCI-complient CIM database in exchange for a token, which is PCI-compliant to store in your database. Plastic then lets you run charges against these tokens, and Authorize.net looks up the corresponding account information in their CIM to complete each transaction"

Hey there,

Check out our Plastic documentation specific to Payment Profiles. In short, the way tokenization in Plastic works is you first create a customer (which returns a customer ID). Then attach a payment method for this customer ID, which generates a payment ID. You can then run both of these ID's in a plastic function to execute a payment. 

Here's a link to what I want you to see in our documentation: http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Authorize.Net#Payment_Profiles

Also, be sure to check out the "How to Use Plastic" file in our plug-in download. If you go into the script workspace, look for the script called "Perform Profile Transaction AN" (in the folder Profile-Based Transactions\Payment Processing). I'll also attach a little snippet of some code I think will be useful, focusing on the CCProfileProcessPayment parameters.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Junior Perez

360Works Support

image.png

This topic is 2516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.