Filemaker clients can access remote files but FileMaker go cannot. These setups previously worked. What can be blocking fm go?

Well I have at least discovered what the problem is.  My FM Pro clients and FM Go can connect to the Server from outside my local network, but not from within it.  Would anyone know how I can get my router to accept internal communications?  And not just external ones. 

Are you using the same url inside as outside to connect to FMS? If so does the the url internally resolve to the internal IP address of the FM server or the external? Can you connect using the ip address?

I agree with the @OlgerDiekstra. If you use the IP address of the server it will probably work.

Getting your router to resolve the FQDN to the local IP address is different for different routers. Most routers will have a DNS Lookup section in the Configuration console, and you can just add the FQDN and IP address pair and it should work out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By adyf
      I've just upgraded to Filemaker Pro 17 and Filemaker Go 17. Unfortunately I now get 'The Host's Capacity Was Exceeded' error message (attached) when trying to open a file on my iPad that is hosted on my MacBook. I'm the only user of this file, so it seems strange and I've never had the error with previous Filemaker versions. Has anyone any ideas please?
      Edited to add that the file opens with Filemaker Go 17 when it is open on the MacBook with Filemaker Pro 16, therefore could this be a bug in Filemaker Pro 17?

• By Arnold Hooton
      I’m trying to retrieve a street address after I’ve used the ‘location’ function to access the gps coordinates. This may be simple but all I’m stumped. Maybe there’s a beginners tutorial on how to use url’s To get what I need. 
    • By VirtualBob
      I'm using FileMaker 12 but want to get a version that syncs via free iCloud or Dropbox type service (you can only do it manually in FM12). What is the earliest version that does this? Its for personal use and I don't have much money so I just want to get a cheap older version of FM but want it to sync across all my devices.
    • By Ail5urfer
      Hi,
      I have some pictures that are not displaying in the Go version (but all is ok on macOS FileMaker Pro 16).
      I usually une PNG, transparent or not.
      Any idea ?
      Thanks !

• By remoran
      FM go 17 does not see any files running on FM Cloud 17/AWS even though said files are running, an authenticated user is accessing the files via FM17 and WebDirect works without issue. Any help on this would be terrific as FM Cloud 17 is running, thank god, without problems.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

10 members have viewed this topic:
    Aussie John  siroos12  OneStop  LaRetta  djc728  Steve Martino  dwdata  doughemi  BruceR  Lee Smith 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.