Container fields displaying 404 Error after Server Migration

This topic is 1575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently purchased a new server for our FileMaker databases to live on. To migrate our databases, I simply copy and pasted the Database folder from the old server to the new server. The old server was running Windows Server 2016, and the new server is running Windows Server 2019. The clients are running on Windows 10. The Clients are running FMP version 18.0.3.317 and the Server is running FMS version 18.0.1.123

The server is in our building, and all clients are accessing it locally using Bonjour. After the migration, all of our Container Fields are displaying a 404 page. I have attempting the following troubleshooting steps:

• Disabled firewall on the server
  • Disabled firewall on the client
  • Disabled both firewalls
  • Switched the container field from internal storage to external storage
  • Tried both Open and Secure storage.
  • Tried to access the container fields from a FileMaker install directly on the server

When I tried it on the server I got the following information:

Module: IIS Web Core

Notification: MapRequestHandler

Handler: StaticFile

Error Code: 0x80070002

Requested URL: http://Juniper.local:80/Streaming/MainDB/69C195279B5026B83046F07324A22947B573DE471A28D1F7BA92374DD54F758F.pdf?REType=EmbeddedRCFileProcesser

Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Streaming\MainDB\69C195279B5026B83046F07324A22947B573DE471A28D1F7BA92374DD54F758F.pdf

Logon Method: Anonymous

Logon User: Anonymous

Following the "Physical Path" listed above on the server, I am unable to locate the "Streaming" folder within the "wwwroot" directory. I am wondering if the server is attempting to find a file where there is none.

Please let me know of any more information I can provide. Any assistance you all can give will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by NewBoard

Windows Server 2019 is not supported for FMS and those who have tried have reported issues like yours (in the web side of things in general, which is used to render container data).

So first thing to do would be to revert your new server to Server 2016.

This topic is 1575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.