Gents,

would you please inspect the attached file. The conditional value list I made is not working properly on layout - Prices.

I'd appreciate if somebody can point me to some resource to help me understand how conditional values list work and is being consturcted. 

price collector.fmp12

Posted (edited)

Gents,

attached is a simple product order app. It's aim to collect different prices and make an order.  I'd like to be able to use a drop down list feature in order to pick the product based on Group and Subgorup. 

Thanks in advance.

order.fmp12

Edited by stan111

Because you don't respond to requests for clarification. It is not smart to be laconic when asking for help. It's even less smart to be dismissive and snarky.

• Like 1

Dear Comment,

let’s start from the beginning.

What is that you don’t understand? How can we shift from arguing to shoving a problem?

Stan, 

with all appreciation to aid you in your learning experience, It does take a bit of effort for users to adequately articulate what it is they are trying to accomplish,

• what have you tried 
  • have you searched the web
  • have you searched the forums
  • have you looked at the the FileMaker help documents?

Only with some courtesy prerequisite in a post would it offer any of us volunteers to curiosity to look at a file or provide assistance. 

If the post is not well outlined to achieve this goal its just waisting time trying to decipher intentions. 

Ocean West,

I am positive that my question is too simple to be more deeply explained. I go seek help in forum once I am stuck and can’t move forward. 

Besides, thanks for the video. 

3 hours ago, stan111 said:

What is that you don’t understand?

That's not going to happen. It is your responsibility to explain what are you trying to accomplish and what problem you encountered on the way. I couldn't do it for you even if I wanted to.

3 hours ago, stan111 said:

How can we shift from arguing

I have nothing to argue about with you. Usually when a question is not clear, I let it go and move on. I made an exception in this case and I already regret it.

BTW, in the previous thread (now merged) I wanted to point you to some other posts explaining conditional value lists. I did a search (why didn't you?) and found this post:

Then I noticed who was the original poster.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Oyseka
      Hi All, I am developing a system to produce, among other things, Quotations and Job Cards in a mixed FMP and iOS environment. One to the problems was the lack of support for autocomplete of drop down lists in iOS which I have tried to get round, with the help of this community, by using a filter from a cartesian join relationship. I now find that when more than one person is creating a quote on a mobile device from the hosted file that you may end up with other peoples input in your QuoteItems table for the quote you were creating. Can any one tell me how to change the relationship ,(design), to stop this.
      On a desktop system the flow is:
      From the Customer - create Quote - Quotation Table
      In the Quotation Table use the portal into QuoteItems to select the Department, Product and Quantity

• By Oyseka
      The lack of support for Drop Down lists in FM Go is creating havoc for me. I want to be able to create a Quote on site at a customer with two particular fields, one is not a problem thanks to Phil Caulkins excellent demo on Auto-Filtering portals, (ProductName), as it is part of the QuoteLines Table the other one however is not, (Dept), and is currently sitting with a few hundred options. Typing in the name, with the probability of getting it wrong, is very time consuming on a phone. part of it is right but the Dept Field is defeating me.
      The file is a dogs dinner but it is only meant to test the functions it is not a work file. Go to the Quotations layout
      Any assistance would be very much appreciated
      iOSDropTest.fmp12
    • By Himself
      I have a form which uses a drop down list to store an ID and an edit box overlay to show the related value chosen. (still baffled that FM hasn't just made that a native option)

The problem I am noticing is that the Edit box only refreshes when one clicks on a blank area on the form. I have drop down lists in other forms that refresh their edit boxes as soon as a value is selected. The difference being that the ones that refresh immediately, the drop down list field is from the table the form is based on, but if the drop down list field is based on a related table it doesn't refresh immediately.

How do I get it to refresh without changing the forms base table reference or clicking on a blank area of the form?

I have just let this behavior go but now the users are getting annoyed by it. I am on FM 11 but I am not sure all the users are.

Thanks for any help or even just let me know if this is something that just is the way it is.
    • By martaegluu
      I am new to this forum. I joined because I am pretty new to Filemaker and I have just come through a problem I do not know how to solve.

The Filemaker has, among others, 2 DB tables: Books and Artists. They are both related through a N:M (many to many) relationship.
      The user can select an Artist on the Filemaker solution, and then relate a few books to that artist.
      The user CAN NOT relate any artist to a previously selected book: this option oes not and will not exist.

I would like to create a drop-down box for Book Title, but store the Book ID. I would like the user to be able to type the first few letters of the book title and have it cycle through the list so they don't have to scroll through 5000 titles.

I have tried Manage Lists with the first field (BookID) stored and only show the second field (Bookitle), but then the auto-complete doesn't work (it doesn't work when the list is set to "Also display values from second field" or "Show values only from second field" or "sort by second filed"). This is so basic, I must be missing something. Could you please help me?

Thank you so much!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.