Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Saving as a .pdf

This topic is 1374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When I save to .pdf the default setting in the Save box is  "Records Being Browsed". This is very awkward for me as I discovered I almost sent my entire library of invoices to someone. Is there any way of setting the default in this field to "Current Record" so I won't make this mistake in the future?

Well best option is to totality script it or if you know you only ever want to send the ONE invoices then you can create a self relationship and do a GTRR this way you would only have 1 record then the setting on the PDF generation doesn't matter. 

48 minutes ago, Eoin O Riabhaigh said:

I'll have to do a lot of research to script it.

It's not that difficult. Basically the same as doing it manually - except all your choices are stored in the script and recalled when you run it. You may not even need a script - a button set to perform a single step could be all that's required.

• Newbies

Not sure if I'm on the right track here but I have created a button and applied a Save A Copy script to it. I click on the settings icon next to it and get the choice to Specify the Output. That's not really what I need is it?

This topic is 1374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.