FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced and FMP 19 folder missing?

I just moved form 18 to 19.

In FMP 18 I had a folder in my applications folder that was called “FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced”.

It contained:

FMPA Read Me (English).pdf

FMPA Acknowledgements.pdf

FMI Runtime Resources

FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced

Extensions

English Extras

After upgrading to 19 IO do not see that 19 has the same folder.  Is this a problem?  What to do? 

Any tips or ideas? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Don_Macaroni
      I have a regular text field with a height of 20 px in Layout mode. In Browse mode that height is respected. But when I select the field, the height seems to triple and a blue border is added. How do I get rid of this behavior? No doubt it has to do with the stupid Themes thing, but how do I edit that? And is there a way to completely remove the Themes/Styles from a database? This feature has zero usable themes as they are ALL UGLY. I create a nice pro look and copy paste fields, Filemaker Themes/Styles s*ck.
    • By Mafia2020
      I have a calculation that goes like that, I input a number on "Base Imponibile" (say 100), it adds 15% (it gets me 115), it then calculates 4% to the previous result (115) and it gets me 4,60, I then add 2 and the total is 121,60 which is perfect.
      And that's the part that works just fine. But I then want to make a reverse calculation, where I input the expected result of Total Calculation and tells me all the other values and here it's where things go awry.

I'm attaching the initial calculation that works as a reference and the reverse calculation which doesn't work as an example. The "2" that gets subtracted in the reverse calculation is a fixed value of a small tax that I have to deduct (imposta di bollo).
      I have a feeling that the reverse calculation goes crazy because of some unwanted rounding somewhere, but I am not to sure, so I seek the opinion of more calculation versed persons around.

• By Mafia2020
      I know the solution is probably very easy but it escapes me. I got this database, which I use to create invoices, year after year, I created a report page where with a neat summary field I get the "lifetime revenues", "lifetime general expenses", "lifetime total taxes" and "lifetime total invoices number", which is handy, but I need to have the same data broken down by year, and I can't figure out how to achieve that.
      In another post I have been suggested to consolidate the three tables I had (Invoices 2018, Invoices 2019 and Invoices 2020) into a single table (Invoices) and then use a "subsummary" which would give me the data I want based on how I sort the records but I am not sure how to use subsummaries nor I am sure I want something where I have to multiple click to re-order records to get data one at a time; I'd rather prefer a report where a calculation of some sort would make a sum of the total revenue of my invoice records broken down by year, as I exemplified in the database I'm attaching, is that possible in an easy, possibly not involving complicated subsummaries way?
      I'm beginning to get desperate on the subject, please have mercy.
      Invoices Demo.fmp12
    • By Mafia2020
      I'm not even sure to describe under which category my specific problems fall into, I can only advance some hypothesys, so I'll just describe it and let the wisdom of others guide me.
      I have a DB with several tables, I use them to make invoices. With every invoice I input the desired price and it adds automatically 19% taxes and produces a neat invoice which I can print, these three tables are called:
      Invoices 2018
      Invoices 2019
      Invoices 2020
      Now on to my problem. I wanted to create a forth table where from every previously listed table it would calculate the total revenue of the year in question, broke down like this:
      - Total Net price paid for 2018
      - Taxes for 2018
      - Total revenue for 2018 (net+taxes)
      - Total Net price paid for 2019
      - Taxes for 2019
      - Total revenue for 2019 (net+taxes)
      - Total Net price paid for 2020
      - Taxes for 2020
      - Total revenue for 2020 (net+taxes)

I am unsure how to proceed, I tried creating a forth layout and a new table but I have problems brining the summary field from each year's table into the forth table/report/layout.
    • By DataCruncher
      Hello Crew: 

So during beta, everything worked fine and I was delighted to see FMS 19 for Linux go into the first production release. 
      So we installed Centos 7 anew, put an instance of FMS 19.1.2.234 on it - and it seemed to be running fine. 

First indication of problems: File upload through the Sharing menu option did not seem to be able to connect to the server. 
      No biggie - so we hard-uploaded into the opt/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Database directory, changed ownership and permissions - and voila - the web interface shows the hosted file just fine. 
      Webdirect works like a charm and we can access the file. 

ONLY: Accessing that machine from a Filemaker Pro app connects - but something is amiss. 
      On first connection, it gives this warning that it is not using a SSL connection - which is weird, we installed the Claris test cert so it should be SSL. 
      Second, once we accept that we are connecting to a non-secure server: 
      FileMaker Pro 19 app says: 
      No files are currently hosted on (HOSTIP). 

WHAT GIVES? I am staring at the open file hosted right in my web admin. I am logged into it on webdirect. 
      Why on earth would I not be able to connect through Filemaker Pro 19 from a Mac? 

Am I missing something dead obvious here? 

HELP!

UPDATE: 
      I am hosting three files on the FMS19 Linux now: 
      The sample file; 
      a TASKS file; 
      and my business File, TEST. 

I can see sample and Tasks - but TEST does not show! What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

7 members have viewed this topic:
    Mr. Scott  drjonesx  Joshua Willing Halpern  siroos12  RadioSaigon  jools  comment 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.