A performance comparison between Linux and Windows deployment of FileMaker Server

My new piece on Medium - with an in depth performance analysis between different types of deployment for FileMaker Server.

Deployment in a Docker Container on a powerful cloud server comes out as a standout option.

It will be fascinating to hear your own experience - does it differ from what my testing reveals?

It will also be fascinating to hear from Wim how the results he gets from his new Punisher performance tool compare with what we get with dsBenchmark?

Cheers, Nick

https://nicklightbody.medium.com/claris-filemaker-server-19-a-performance-test-of-linux-v-windows-4bb007b5e2d7

3F315E08-D2F5-4E01-B4F5-E96C391BE489.png

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Mike_FM
      Hi all,
      I would like to create a page count for a found set of records when I am in preview mode and when I export to PDF  ie if a found set of records has 3 pages then the first page would contain a field that reads '1 of 3'
      Can anyone help with how to achieve this?
      Any help is much appreciated
      Thanks
      Michael
    • By Don_Macaroni
      I cannot select inside an input field at a specific character. Clicking on the field works and selects the field, but I then need to use the arrow keys to go to a specific characters. Mouse clicking at a specific characters does nothing. Anyone has experienced this?
      screen.mov
    • By Amanco
      Hello, 
      I moved fields (and scripts) from one FM file to another one.
      Now, I have a table to 2 fields that has same function but different names, example: Container1 and Container2
      Both have their own attached scripts and calculations.
      I would like to merge "container2" into "Container1" field so the attached scripts and calculations will also change, but I can't rename it simply to "container1"
      is there a way to without going through all the scripts and calculations?

Thanks

• By Mike_FM
      Hi all,
      I have created a portal in a related table and I want to apply a filter to it so that it only shows the latest versions from a found set of records and to hide the others. There is a related field within the portal called 'scan version' which displays the version number as eg 'v001' 'v002' 'v003' etc
      I've been hunting around online to find a calculation that fits my needs and have played around with the 'Max' function but to no avail
      If anyone can give me some pointers that would be awesome, I'm still very new to this and learning so any help is always appreciated!
      If you need any more info please let me know
      Thanks

I have just worked this out and used the following calculation
      Scans::Scan Versions = Max ( Scans::Scan Versions )
      and it worked!
    • By Selva
      Hi,
      I have tried to pass the below JSON data to the API. But it doesn't accept the JSON data due to Square brackets[] in the JSON Key. Is there any solution available to pass the below value?
      JSONSetElement ( "{}" ; "[Name | Last]" ; "Test" ; JSONString )
      We need the output like below.
      {
      "[Name | Last]": "Test"
      }

Thanks in advance.

• Who Viewed the Topic

11 members have viewed this topic:
    Jesse Barnum  steveshiver  Crawfcol  NateJames  NLR  rwoods  IanR  Junior360Works  joevmartin  360Works  ryan360Works 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.