Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Button left active when new window is opened.

This topic is 1138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is a navigational button bar menu:

Log | Billing | Accounts | Resources

Log opens a new layout, Billing opens a new layout, Accounts opens a new window, resources opens a new layout.

The 'active' button segment works fine for all of these except Accounts, which upon opening a new window the Accounts button segment remains the active segment. I would like it to be the Log segment, since once the new window is closed the menu is now incorrectly identifying the environment of the previous window.

I am assuming a script trigger could reset this, but I'm not sure what should trigger it; and my main question is 'What is the best way to handle this?'

Here is an example:

• You will need to have a global variable to store the name of the segment that you wish to be active.
  • that will be set on the button bar for 'active' segment
  • each layout that you nave to will have to have a trigger to set the global variable
  • on clicking the segment that opens a new window you refresh the bar prior to opening new window.

NavBar.fmp12

Thank you for both responses. They work, but I for some reason I try to solve with as few extra scripts as possible. I ended up changing the layout so that the states are all the same except for on Hover the text changes. That works for some reason.

The strange thing is, when going back and fourth (from the new window to the still open window, the background state of the button will no longer change when hovering over that button. the text will change, but the hover state will not. I think it's a bug.

Thank you again for the help, and that link to the other answers was informative too. I have a lot to learn and I'm trying to pick up all these tricks whenever and wherever I can.

This topic is 1138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.