v7 is constipated!

Mif

This topic is 7148 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In dev6 this script works beautifully. In dev7 it sets the proper fields to create the relationship but the screen doesn't reflect it. I have discovered that if I go to the "Define Database" -"Relationships" tab, click on the relationship and pop open the "edit relationship" window, then exit back to the file, the screen changes to reflect the new relationship. What is that doing and how do I create that effect in the script. I have tried "commit record" but to no avail. Now I'm constipated!

DEV6....

IsValid(area#zk_matrix_a1#zk_matrix_ac::zk_area_p)

SetField {"zk_area_ag", "area"zk_matrix_a1#zk_matrix_ac::zk_matrix_ac"}

Go to Layout {"One Area Of Focus"]

DEV7...

IsValid(area#zk_matrix_a1#zk_matrix_ac::zk_area_p)

SetField [1_matrix::zk_area_ag; area#zk_matrix_a1#zk_matrix_ac::zk_matrix_ac]

Go To Layout ["Area report" (1_matrix)]

Check your file references; I think you're using two unrelated files. If they are supposed to be related, then use the Relationships Graph to connect the primary key in one file to the foreign key in the other file.

They are connected. It seems more like a refresh/rewrite issue because when I open the edit relationship box for that relationship in the master file, and then exit, the screen refreshes with the proper relationship. Its like is sits dormant waiting for me to remind it that there is a relationship allready, then it responds.

editrelationshipbox.JPG

I have had some very weird refresh issues with v7. My most frustrating one has had to do with the portal format. I would try this: On the layout in question, create a new portal with the same information that is not refreshing correctly. Use the Portal tool, draw a nice large portal, let FMD choose the fields to show in the portal. Do not format/move the fields in any way and do some testing. I have one example that the fields that are formatted in different colors will not fresh, but the same field, same layout but different colors will refresh properly.

Queue and Ender, thank you! 7v3 'Flush cached join results' did it!

Your suggestions also lead me to an answer for Dave Perlman about related record windows popping up front. 7v3 has a fix for that too.

Thanks also to Transpower and dkemme for your efforts.

I'm going to go and click that layout a bunch more times just to see it work!

I have also attached the pdf read.me file from 7v3 for anyone who might want a quick look at the fixes.

FMUpdateReadMe(English).pdf

This topic is 7148 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.