Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Invoices and Statements Help

This topic is 7015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have the invoice set up with a portal for the line items. I've got the calculation for the total working fine. Until I try to print a statement of unpaid invoices. Since the total is an unstored calculation, the total doesn't show up properly on the statement layout - I just get the tax.

The only way I could think of to accomplish the statement was to add another field: Total2, making it a lookup to copy the total. It even seemed to work when I did a Relookup, at first. Then that failed.

There's probably some way to simply post the invoice to a separate database, thereby ending the unstored calculation problem, but I haven't figured that out yet. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Shirley

• Newbies

First there's a Subtotal: Sum(Reorders::Price)

Then the Total: Round((Subtotal+Shipping+Tax),2)

I changed the field used for a statement total of outstanding invoices (Total2) from a lookup of the total field to a Summary field: =Total of Total. That works nicely to give me a statement total when I do a find on one customer.

So far, so good - although I haven't tested enough yet.

Thanks,

Shirley

• Newbies

Spoke too soon, of course. I'm back to just the tax on the statements again. DRAT!

There must be a way to copy that calculated Total field to another field no dependent on the found set.

My trial version of Alpha Five version 6 will be here soon, and I'll probably attempt to jump ship if I don't figure this out.

Shirley

You could use a global text field to hold all the invoice numbers you want to total. Set it by either going to a layout containing only the invoice id field and using Copy All Records, then going to a layout containing the global and pasting; or looping through the desired records and using Set Field to put each invoice id in the global, followed by a "

The generally recommended reporting method is to do it from the line items file and do summaries by invoice and then customer. All your totals can be handled by summary fields, and a reverse relationship back to the parent file can pick up any parent file data that you need to display in the report.

This topic is 7015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.