Fancy launcher with error codes

This topic is 6807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The attached is an example of a launcher or "opener" file that you can use to open hosted files. It includes two sample files to test launching.

It includes a table of FileMaker errors so your users can get a more intelligible message when there's a problem -- try changing the file references to see an error message.

Also includes some preferences for automatic launching, some simple script parameter usage and a couple of FileMaker 7 stupid window tricks.

It's open and unlocked. I hope it proves useful to someone.

Please report any problems or suggestions.

fancylauncher.zip

Edited by Guest
File updated with default password

• Newbies

Hello.

I am a relative "newbie" to Filemaker Pro. I have a question relating to your posting that I hope you can help me with.

First, the answer to my question my be in your attachment...however, I cannot open it. Any ideas? It downloads to my machine as a .php file....?? I am using MacOS10.2.8

**I am trying to create an "opener" that when clicked on, will open a remote file on our server. However, I am doing something wrong and can't figure it out. Here is what I did:

I created a new BLANK file, added a dummy field called open, and created an script pointing to the remote file. It seems to work if I manually go to script from the menu and select that script...HOWEVER I want it to open the remote file automatically.

Please help. :-)

Thanks.

Lisa

Lisa:

Welcome to the Forums. The download should arrive as a .zip or other compressed file type. Getting the .php would indicate some settings on your browser may not be correct.

Regarding the opener file. In FileMaker Pro -> Preferences -> Document.. you can set the script to fire when the file is opened, in which case it will automatically perform its task.

-Stanley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The file in the original post has been updated to open with the default login info, which by the way is admin/(blank). A thousand apologies, I hadn't looked at this thread in months.

• 1 month later...

The link is broken, probably caused by our recent upgrade.

I found it by clincking on the [color:blue]SOLUTION LIBRARY Button above, and then searched for the word Opener.

Here is the new file link Click here.

HTH

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.