Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto run script after field entry

This topic is 6996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a membership db that I am trying to simplify data entry. One of the first items to be entered is the state in which a prospective member resides. After entering the 2 digit state abbreviation I would like a script to run to fill in 2 other fields. I have written the script which works great, however I would like to run automatically at the exit of the state field. Currently I have it assigned to a button. Is this possible and if so how?

Hi Roger,

This questions comes up from time to time. You should do a search of "All Forums", using the Keywords +Script +Exit +Field, Be sure to include the plus sign too, just as I have typed them. Also, remove the 1 in the Weeks. You should get plenty of reading to keep you busy.

HTH

Lee

In the database, there are additonal fields that the script I wrote fills in when run. If I enter TX into the state field, and run the script a district such as "southwest" is entered into a "district field" and a contact person is entered into a "contact" field. This is different for each group of states. IE, Southwest is TX, NM, OK, LA; and would be the same person and district for that group of states.

rj

You can use a return-delimited list of states that correspond to each district, in a District or Contact file. Create a relationship from your state field to the return-delimited one. Make district a lookup based on this relationship. Do the same for the contact.

See attached for a sample.

Roger.zip

This topic is 6996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.