Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationship/Lookup Question

This topic is 6848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm drawing a blank on how to accomplish the following:

Table A contains two fields, call them customer & job number. Each customer can have multiple job numbers, so the data looks like something like this:

Acme 12345

Acme 12346

Acme 12347

Beta Inc 88899

Beta Inc 88900

Table B contains more information about a given job, and there can be multiple records in Table B for any given client and job number set. I'd like to set the main layout in Table B to have a pop-up menu for the user to select a client, and a pop-up menu for the user to select the job number. I'd like the job number pop-up menu to display only job numbers applicable to the chosen client. So if the user selected "Beta Inc" as the client, the only job numbers shown in the pop-up menu for job number would be 88899 and 88900. If no client was selected, there would be no job numbers available to be selected. I know there's a way to do this, but I'm having a brain fart and haven't been able to remember how. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

I would make Table A fields CustomerID and Customer Name.

Table B fields would be JobNumber and CustomerID.

I would put a portal in A that shows all related jobs by CustomerID. A button in that portal would trake you to the selected record in B.

Please remove the other post on this subject under FMP7.

This topic is 6848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.