Request for Proposal

dschaal

This topic is 6664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Lincoln Trail Libraries System (LTLS) is accepting proposals for the development of a FileMaker relational database to support the PolyTalk Library Interpreters Network. To view the full description of the Request for Proposals for the project please visit: http://www.lincolntrail.info/polytalkproposals.html

Submit proposals by January 11, 2006 to Lincoln Trail Libraries System, attn. Randi Weiss, 1704 W. Interstate Dr., Champaign, IL 61822-1068 or e-mail [email protected].

This project is made possible by a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Illinois State Library.

P.S. Sorry for the short notice of time.....if you have ever written and received a grant you know how short the timeframe can be. Thanks for your consideration! Donna

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

LTLS appreciates all of the interest from users of this board, but we didn't receive very many bids. We were wondering how we could have made this better.

Is it because it is a formal request for proposal?

Is it because of something we missed in the proposal itself?

Is it the timeframe?

Some general feedback would be appreciated! Thanks! Donna

Hello

I would like to know if you would accept proposal from company from Montreal, in Canada ?

I revised briefly your requirements and it fits the usual database profile we build for our own clients.

Regards,

Philippe Waterloos

http://le-nomade.com

http://fmhost.net

Donna:

I can't answer for all the developers here, but I think the most probable cause of the lack of responses was the narrow time-frame of the project itself. Five weeks from contract to completion is a very short time, especially for someone working remotely. I quite often find that two or three weeks is needed just to work up a full (and demonstrable) understanding of the client's business needs; before that time no truly meaningful work can be done on the project itself.

A second reason for the paucity of responses may have been the actual timing of the announcement, just a few days before Christmas. Personally, I was already on vacation, so I missed the announcement, and didn't notice it at all until your follow-up posting the other day. If I had noticed it, I would have submitted a proposal, as your documentation was unusually clear, and the project sounded both interesting and well-defined.

The third reason also has to do with time - most developers (including myself) are booked well in advance, and it can be tough to shoehorn a job in on short notice.

Anyway, I hope you find a good developer. There are plenty of us out there.

-Stanley

This topic is 6664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.