Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automatic Field Change

cosworth

This topic is 6691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Need more info. What kind field? how do you want it to change and exactly how? The more information provided, the better we can assist you.

I am trying to make a system where i can make bills.

My question is, when i have bought something than i have a buying bill and when i select it through a drop-down list i want the system to automatically put "For you to receive" at the bottom of the bill, but when i have soled something i will change the billtype to selling bill and then i want to have "For you to pay" at the bottom of the bill. Both the drop-down list (buying bill and selling bill) and the field with the pay/receive are on the same layout.

Thanx 4 the fast reply

Idon't know if you want to go this far, but it is a way to make it very user friendly.

make a table with as many fields as you want, say,

value

value_text

then make a value list using the value from the value field. For the value_text field, put in the message you want to show when that value is place.

Then back to your invoice area, the message field would look like:

=messagetable:value_text

make your relationship from the pull down field you want to the value field in that new message table.

This sounds like a lot of work, but it will make for a very verstile system once it is running. If you didn't like the wording, it is very simple to change and anyone can do it.

Just an option.

I have a very similar situation with an invoicing app and effectively use what Ender has suggested. Works fine. You need two fields. One for your "Buy" or "Sell" decision. Lets call it "Check_Field" and a calc field with the calcualtion Ender supplied. Enter the calc field on your invoice layout where you want it to appear. Check or enter the data, I made a drop down list, in your "Check_Field" and Voila' the proper text is on your invoice.

This topic is 6691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.