Server Maintenance This Week. ×

auto-export multiple found sets to excel file

This topic is 6670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a problem with my clients database!

I tried to create a script (& assign it to a button) that it will gather the records of the persons that their nameday (date field = dd/mm) & birthday (date field = dd/mm/yyyy) is in the current date. What I need is to make Filemaker export this found records list in 1 Excel file.

I managed to do this, but the found set of each searching is overwriting the previous excel file exported. What I need is to export them all in 1 excel file with

2 worksheets (namedays, birthdays).

How is this possible?

If i'm understanding you correctly.

Do a search and find the Namedays, and Export the file as Excel format.

Do a search and find the Birthdays, and Export the file as Excel format.

It this isn't what you mean, let me know.

Lee

I dont think it is possible to export it out into different worksheets within one file from FileMaker. I dont think there is a way to specify which worksheet name to export it out to.

The thing has as follows:

I have created in FMaker Pro 8 a DBase for my clients (I'm an insurance consultant).

I have created in this DBase (among others) 3 tables: "Clients", "Candidates", "Contracts". The first 2 tables have almost the same fields & structure.

In the first 2 tables there are 2 fields (in both of them):) "birthdate" (dd/mm/yyyy format) & "nameday" (dd/mm format). In the 3rd table (Contracts), there is a field "expiration" (dd/mm/yyyy format).

What I need, is to create a script (& assign it to a button) that it will show me, with 1 click, the followings:

- Which clients have their nameday or birthday today (current day)

- Which candidates have their nameday or birthday today (current day)

- Which contracts are about to expire 1 month from today (current day)

Is there any possibility to do this with FMaker Pro Advanced 8?

My thinking was to include in the script "export" steps, so that the results will be exported in an Excel file (or text file, or...), but then I faced another problem:

It's impossible through FMaker Pro Advanced to export found sets data from different tables in the same output file (eg in 1 Excel file with 1 worksheet per table).

Anyone any ideas? Or thinking any different ways to do automaze the whole process?

Filemaker doesn't do UNION reports or exports. IOW, a report or an export is always based on a single table (although you can include related fields).

A possible workaround is to import the records into a third table that has fields for both. Or use a plugin that can export while appending to an existing file.

It sounds like half of your problem could be solved by having your clients and candidates in the same table to begin with. Use a status field to tell them apart.

This topic is 6670 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.