This topic is 5854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The mini-calendar itself is quite nice -- the actual thing is more of a "to-do list" by day -- which still isn't to bad.

Nice work -- might steal the little indented background, my own calendar was missing something, and i was always wondering how to make it nicer.. GW!

The full scale calendar can be build from it, but what i needed the most is to see "bold" date in the mini calendar for something that was going to happen. My main database is actually the left side of the screen and calendar is just a tool, not vise versa. :)

Hi Jerry,

I think your solution is great! It does what you would expect it to in a very understandable and straightforward manner. Well done!

BTW how do you change the calendar from starting with Sunday to starting with Monday?

Thanks again for an excellent product and sharing it with us.

Milo

Hi Milo,

This problem has come up in the past. I believe it has to do with the way the dates are displayed by the two countries (i.e. day, month, year, versus month, day, year).

Anyway, do a search of the Sample files for Calendar and read the replies. Your keyword is Calendar

HTH

Lee

Hi Jerry. What you've posted is a great To-Do List. I added a field called 'Completed' to the data record, which is toggled by clicking on it (changes from 'No' to 'Yes'). Any suggestions as to how I might display an indication for only those dates earlier than the current date that haven't been completed? Either using red bold or maybe a rep field on top of the calendar that displays a dot or something. I assume another CF, but the indication should only be for dates < current.

Thanks, Steve

Thank you all. I want you folks to know that I was using graphic/text mini calendar in my solutions since FM v.3. Now I'm working on the new database for rental company. I was asked to make bold dates in calendar when certain event took place or going to happen (start rental, pickup time, ready to make next billing period invoice, scheduled service/maintanance, etc). So, I just shared "mini calendar" part of that solution here in Tips/Techniques articles. I do not hold any copyrights on this and you can use it anywhere and anyway (to-do, schedules, calendars, pay bill days, library returns...)

I found a few ideas here for my projects and I hope mine will help to save a time for somebody.

I love this calendar and am wondering about using it in a copy of the FM BusProdSoltn which I am amending for a client. This client wanted a calendar for follow-up mtgs and note field on the contact table. I thought that I would build a find report on the two fields and display the results in a list.

I am wondering though if I should instead incorporate this calendar as part of the menu and place a button on the Contact Form to this calendar then write a script to print off a daily report?

Comments Please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:hello:

Great JerryD Calendar-8.5a.fp7

What I do with JerryD’s Calendar-8.5a.fp7:

1. Add auto Sunday / Monday switch...

2. Add day names possibility...

3. Add week numbering (working ISO/ANSI - Sunday / Monday first weekday)

4. Add new Table Events - delete Events fields in Calendar ...

5. Add possibility to get multi years events (Holidays / Birthdays and... ) !!!!

6. Little-bit correct custom functions ... add Start week

7. Add two Scripts:

- StartUp

- REPLACE_DATE_Events

and Calendar-8.5a.fp7 can be date picker Calendar.

Hope so that forumers find helpful testing and using Calendar.

Happy Filemakering

Ino :goodluck:

PS don’t forget You need fp 8.5

[color:gray]Demo file removed due to copyright infringement. GetAsHebrewDate ( InputDate ; Separator ; HebrewMonthNames ... )

©2005 * COMMENT Visual Realisation

An Author's permission must be obtained before using a copyrighted calculation.

LaRetta (Forum Moderator)

Edited by Guest

Hi Guys,

This calendar is great and I thank all of you for this solution and its refinements. I have a question regarding the changes made with Calendar-8.5a_by_Ino and Calendar-8.5a_070125?

Right now I have Calendar-8.5a_070125 open on my desktop to January 07 and i've clicked on the 29th. However, when I go over to the Events portal I am not able to enter anything into the Date, Active or Event fields.

I hope you will help me with three questions.

1. How do I set it up so I can make entry into the above-mentioned fields?

2. How do I set it up so I can make multiple line entries on the same date?

3. Is there a way when you've clicked January 29th from the Calendar and want to enter a new event for the 29th that you can do so without having to re-enter 1/29/2007 every time you want to enter a new event?

Thanks for your help on this. This is such a great Calendar and To Do solution and I really thank you guys again for sharing it and making it better and better.

Milo

Hi Igotit.

First off all I agree with JerryD that this calendar can be one open base project which any one from FMforum can upgrade or/and implemented in oven projects.

Once again thanks to JerryD for his start project.

From other side I must be thankful to Filemaker guru Matt Petrowsky from [color:red]ISO FileMaker Magazine for his great series ...

[color:blue]Now the problems

You are right events doesn't work for the moment. It is bag from my side (my mistake), which also Jerry does not see . Problem is in relation "EVEMTS_g_Date_Date” I forget to put ”Allow creation of records ..."

Answer to your questions:

1. How do I set it up so I can make entry into the above-mentioned fields?

Solved with correction of bag don’t forget you must pick up the date in which you like to write Event.

2. How do I set it up so I can make multiple line entries on the same date?

Formally you get answer thru your 3th question

3. Is there a way when you've clicked January 29th from the Calendar and want to enter a new event for the 29th that you can do so without having to re-enter 1/29/2007 every time you want to enter a new event?

Not for the moment.

Download new version which work correctly.

[color:blue]Also I add some new things to calendar:

Active clock - you can find how to implemented html+Java script to get in web viewer real clock + how automatically put html sheet to filemaker folder.

Add tooltips for explanation of fields with on/of status for tooltips.

regards

Ino :goodluck:

[color:gray]Demo file removed due to copyright infringement. GetAsHebrewDate ( InputDate ; Separator ; HebrewMonthNames ... )

Edited by Guest

Hi Ino and thank you for your response,

Although I can now enter a date in the date field or text in the entry field. Once I tab out of either field I get the following dialog.

"This operation cannot be performed because one or more required related records are not available and cannot be created."

Milo

Hi JerryD and :protest:

Let start play with week and month view, but before a few questions:

Would we build active week and active day ?

What is with floating Holidays (not only Easter but some other Kristin dates - have cf)?

Can we included some other calendar info (Jews date and holidays - have correct algorithm - cf), Islamic date and holidays (have algorithm for Year bat not for date and month) Hindu date (have something) Mayan date (have algorithm) China date (nothing) ...

What we can do with Countries holidays?

Can we will included Time in Events To do, Appointments ...

Zodiac period (clan - will be implemented in next version)

Moon Phases ? every one can help and check my topic

Link to my Topic MoonPhase

and ...

What is corrected/includes in this file ...30c

1. Correct STARTUP Script - Perform Script g_Month - today + (5) “Today”

2. Add cf for Easter calculation - Tooltip on the top of Event - current date in future well be implemented in calendar

3. Add field Date_Tipe for date names (Day, Week, Month, Year) for future activities

4. Add New Clock - very soon will be 12/24 clock

regards

ino

:goodluck:

Edited by Guest

:welcomesign: Little bit more

Add current Week indicator in field Calendar:.WeekNumber_L - rgb 255;255;255 supports 53/1 week

New Script CLOSE Setting_WINDOW_Ino for auto refresh

enjoy

INO

Edited by Guest

Hi Ino,

I've not been around all that long but here is my 2¢ worth!

• RE: Would we build active week and active day ? = [color:blue]I would say Yes!

• RE: What is with floating Holidays (not only Easter but some other Kristin dates - have cf)? = [color:blue]Why not allow the user to put in their own important date. A holiday, birthday etc then click a button that would automatically make it show up on the event list. That would seem like the easiest way to handle it and be flexible for everyone!

• RE: Can we will included Time in Events To do, Appointments. = [color:blue]This would be a good idea and ties in nicely to the above.

• RE: Zodiac period (clan - will be implemented in next version) Moon Phases? every one can help and check my topic

Link to my Topic MoonPhase. = [color:blue]I don’t see the need for this, but that’s only my opinion.

Hope this is helpful.

Milo

Hi Milo

Thanks for suggestions,

If you download my last calendar ...31.fp7 you can se that active week is included and also I little bit correct other things.

Also if you go with mouse on date in Events you can see as tool tip Date of Easter for current Year.

Why I pot question about floating holidays - in my country (Croatia) we have Country holidays, international, some catholic fix holidays, but also Easter Monday and Corpus Christi which are floating dates + as multi ethnic country we have also two days for Hebrews people (Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kipur ) and for muslims (Ramadan Bayram & Kurban Bayram).

My intention is that people which will use Calendar also will now for this holidays.

I don’t expect that I build really different tips of calendars only i like to have in Gregorian calendar or in Events possibility to now that also this or some other days important for this religions will be present.

Time question is a question how detailed could be or well be Calendar.

Zodiac and Moon Phase I agree that it is not necessary bat way not if we can implemented this (cf or calculations are not so complicated). Also question is if somebody like to have San / Moon set/rise winter and summer solstice, seasonal period ...

why not.

Cheers

Ino

ps I include new version ...31a.fp7 with zodiac sign

Edited by Guest

Hi again Ino,

I know that everyone has an opinion because it’s based on their specific need at the time. But I see all kinds of calendar solutions some for free and some for purchase. But what you don’t see is a database version of a Planner. You know the old style of daily planner that you held in your hand and actually wrote in information. I for one would love to see a new database style of a daily planner. Where you can put in a project/category like, Association Meeting and enter dates, times and events associated to that specific project. To include completion dates, priority levels, project notes etc.

Look I’m going to be happy with anything you guys give me. Believe me I’m not trying to push my wants onto anyone or expect you guys to keep building, building and building. But you asked! B)

It’s just that what you guys have built is so fast, flexible and lets not forget KOOL. The last thing I would want to do is anything that would change that. But if I could choose one thing to be added it would be an “Annual Events” layout where you can enter a month and a day, a description of the event like “Mary’s Birthday”, “Bill and Carol’s Anniversary” “Association Meeting in Denver” etc. Then click a button and have all of them automatically entered into the events list.

It’s great to dream!

Milo

Hi Guys,

One other thing I want to mention is the [color:blue]"Log" you've included with Calendar-8.5.

It's great to see the process of events and the changes as they are being made. It gives a better understanding of what’s happening and why. It's a great training tool.

So thanks again for the solution and allowing us to follow along.

Milo

Hi Jerry:

Downloaded and looked at your latest and greatest. FWIW, here are my comments:

I think you need to put (at least) the day's initials or names on the monthly calendar for it to be useful. How do you plan to indicate when there are more events that can be displayed for 1 day?

What does "var" mean and do? Originally, I thought it caused events to be repeated for the following year but I'm not sure now???

What do you plan for tool tips? Will it display help for the user, or data as in mousing over a date and displaying the day's events?

Having played with calendars and FM for the last 6 years, I find the single most important feature missing from most calendars is the ability to display events that haven't been completed. This is because people in some businesses never complete each day's events on time. I took one of your early versions and added a separate portal that showed all 'Incompletes' for the last 6 months. When the user clicks on that event, the FM calendar appears to allow him to re-assigned the event. Whether this functionality can (or should) be embedded within the calculation logic only you know.

Thanks for making the calendar available to the FM public.

Steve

Edited by Guest

Hi Guys,

On the month view I for one would like to see the number of events that you can click on and see the events and the time of the event, instead of a bunch of events on a given day that you can’t read without clicking anyway!

I’ve seen two calendars done that way. One by Harry Glosenger of Pro Data Solution and one by Matt Petrowsky of ISO Productions. For my money that’s the way to go. It’s clean, once you click on the number of events you can fully see the time and what the event is, click on the event and go right to the event.

I’ve often been surprised that his system is not shown on more calendar solutions.

Milo

I just reread my last post and thought I may not have made myself very clear. What I meant is this.

Lets say that the day is February 5th. On the block that indicates the day. Rather than having 15 events scrolling down the block. Have one line in the middle of the block that says 15 Events. Then you click on the line that says 15 Events and it opens a pick list that lists the 15 events, like.

8:30 AM Bugs Bunnies place for carrots

9:45 AM Porky Pigs place for ribs

11:00 AM Call Jim to meet at Bob’s at noon.

12:00 PM Get together with Jim and Bob

etc.

Now you can click on any of the events and go directly to that event! I find this to be a lot cleaner, easier and less combersome to deal with.

Just my thoughts,

Milo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.