This topic is 5853 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

:protest:

Hi all visitors

:hello: Milo

Nice idea but isn’t easy to provide.

read Link

and be active together with as.

In private discussion with JerryD both are little bit disappointed that nobody else can together with as build this Calendar.

Any how we accept any suggestions, but also [color:red]anyone can also [color:red]build - create this "[color:red]open development" [color:blue]Calendar.

:welcomesign:

[color:blue]Ino

:thanks:

Hi Ino,

I just want you to know that if I had the expertise to build this I would be more than happy to lend a hand. Eventually I’ll have the know-how and will be happy to do whatever I can to be part of the process.

All I can do now is give thanks!

Milo

Hi Steve. Ino has all rights to express his filling. He made a lot of changes to my original code. For myself, I was expecting little bit more then just a comment. Something like: "Here, this part I would do like that, or this way is better than that" with example of code, of-course. There are always passive and active users in the forum and we (Ino and I) would very much like to see actions, improvements and developments, and not only with my Calendar but, perhaps, with any tips, tricks posted in FM FORUMS...

I do thank you all for in-put and advise you made :

Jerry

ps new version is coming soon

:gang:

[color:blue]Hello Forumers we are back,

Added:

CF:

- DateFormat formated date as you wish in Text format

- GetAsHebrewDate to see correct Hebrew date in Text format / not for religion use - problem with Sun set/

Fields:

Table: PREFERENCES - Event_Name, Event_Name_Poz, Event_Poz, Event_Ind, dd_type_d, mm_type_d, gg_type_d, sep_type_d, Date_format, DateToTxt_cf, AfterSunset,

Separator

Table: CALENDAR - W_DAY /Something for future /, Hebrew_Date_cf,

Corrected: Week format for Week start on... correct days show, Tooltips on the Week view

Created: in Month view you can see number of Events if existed - Tooltips show Events, if not space

Redesign little bit Settings Tab

Any comment, new wishes or suggestion Welcome

INO

:goodluck:

:sorrysign:

Hi gays

This version is without [color:red]Hebrew date calculation, because I use calculation which comment originally post on Forum a few years ago, bat with ©2005 *COMMENT Visual Realisation.

As ours Calendar is open development db and I don’t have permission to use or adapt this calculation - [color:blue]CF is moved out, All other is as is.

[color:red]Any how my big apologies to comment.

Thank you

Ino

:thanks:

Calendar-8.5_I_070211b.zip

Hi All

Add Clock 12/24 mode

Genx what do You mean with?

You need to work out a way to not double book events

Also, any particular reason it is 8.5 specific?

Because of some new functions & Web Viewer - clock

Ino

:goodluck:

Hi Everyone,

You guys have done a really great job with this! Maybe you would not mind helping me with a question.

I wanted to change the size of the Month calendar and did the following.

1. Highlighted all of the fields associated with the calendar.

2. Went up to Format menu and clicked on Graphic.

3. Selected “Maintain original proportions”.

4. Increased to desired size.

That worked find but the “Blue” that identifies the day has changed to match the new size vertically. But it did not change to the new size horizontally, although it is the exact size as the other fields above and below it. It’s off by almost a quarter of an inch. Can you tell me what to do the change it to the size I need?

The field is “DateSelect” and the Table is. Events_Calendar_Constant.

Thanks again for your help. Do you guys have other changes on the way?

Milo

Hi guys,

I am very new to all of this and it looks great - I wonder if somebody could tell me how the share_tabs script works - I can see it passes a parameter 1-4 - but I can't see where the different objects are etc.

I know this is probably well below your expectations for a post so please don't flame!

I just don't understand how its showing the differend day/week/mnth views or where those layouts are...

Many thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

The tab system may have become a poor choice for a solution that has evolved into something this sophisticated in my opinion. The standard FMP layout system would now be a better choice and much more straightforward.

But when you consider that all of this is free and also open source, just smile and be happy.

To answer your question, open the calendar, go to layout mode. Then go up to the menu bar (or Command A) click on Edit and click select “Select All”. This will select everything on the layout. You will notice on the upper right of the layout, three block looking thing’ees. Staying in layout mode, Clicking on the first thing’ee and you stay where you are. Click on the 2nd thing’ee you’ll be in Week view and clicking on the 3rd thing’ee will put you in month mode. You can enter Browse mode after clicking on any of these thing’ees and will stay there until you click out of it.

Sorry for all of those technical terms like Thing’ee.

Hope this help, Sorry Milo I ran out of time but I’m sure someone else will jump in.

James

Hi Milo,

I’m glad you asked this question because I can’t answer very many! :( The following is a lot of conversation for something that is very simple. It’s just one of those things that once you’ve done it, you’ll always know what to do from then on.

• Go to the Month and enter layout mode.

• Click on Field from the status bar

• Have a sip of coffee

• Drag a field onto the layout, select the _Preference table and select the DateSelect_bg.

• Take a bite of that Sticky Bun, Man I love those. :

• Make sure the DateSelect_bg is selected, go under the Format menu and select Field/Control and click on Behavior to make sure the “Allow field to be entered: has a check mark in the “In browse mode”.

• Then it’s just a matter of Changing the size of the blue rectangle. Simply click on the field in browse mode and copy the field contents. Go into layout mode and paste in a blank area of the layout area.

• Then simply change the size of the rectangle, copy it, enter browse mode, click on the DateSelect_bg field and paste the new size. That’s it!

• Enter browse mode and click on another button to go to another layout and then come back to the Month layout. This will refresh the screen so your change will show! You can now delete the DateSelect_bg field from the Month layout and the change will be saved.

Jerry, you and Ino, did a great job on this. I agree with Wingwalker and would have used the standard layout system for at least the main three screens. But then again, what do I know? You guys have done great work!

Live Long & Prosper,

Harry

Edited by Guest

Hey thanks Harry that sure did the trick.

BTW does anyone know what "Var" means on the Day and Week layout? I saw the question asked in another post but did not see an answer. If someone can tell how it is used and what it does I would really like to know.

Thanks to all of you,

Milo

Edited by Guest

Hi Ino and thanks for your reply,

I guess i"m still a little confused. Right now "Var" is a number field. Are you saying "We can use this to mark annual events and set it up as we choose?" Or are you saying there is functionality you are planning to add to "Var" to automate it?

Thanks Ino,

Milo

Hi igotit,

Yes "Var" is a number field and as I say it is only indicator for field Date_Ok (EVENTS layout) which recalculate that Event is for only for this Year(var=0. or space "") or let we say for ever (var=1, for Events like holidays, anniversary, birthdays and other Date which You like to have every Year.

Regards

Ino

P.s. Hope so that You understood what I like to say, because my english is as is.

Here is new version of the same calendar I stripped from my solution (no Print layouts). Working on this version I came to the following conclusions:

- Repeating fields work faster then Variables!?

- If Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) used make sure the fields order placed in the layout is correct

- No advantage to cut down relations use

- List functions are fast in the small file (don't know about large data).

If anybody used List functions on 10,000+ records please give me a feedback. What is limitation, network, speed?

Thank you

Calendar-8.5_v.2.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

Hi Jerry,

I noticed on your Calendar-8.5_v.2. on the WEEK view that you added numbers to the days of the week. "Monday, 26 Tuesday, 27 etc. Will you be adding this feature to Calendar-8.5_I_070211b?

I tried to do it on my own but could not figure it out. If anyone can tell me how to make it work with 8.5_I_070211b it would really be appreciated because its such an important feature.

Milo

Hey Jerry,

I emailed to the address shown on your profile (clicking on JerryD) and it was returned as undeliverable. Do you have another address? If you do not wish to post it on the forum just send it to my address shown on my profile.

Thanks Jerry,

Milo

• 1 month later...

On Jerry's calendar when you click on Yearly that event appears next year. On the calendar done by Jerry and Ino where it says "Var" when you click an event it does not appear next year.

Can anyone tell me how to make "VAR" work?

Thanks guys,

James

Another help would be regarding the "Day Dates" on the Jerry/Ino calendar. If you were to look at the current week on the calendar, set to start on Monday, it will read Monday, 9 Tuesday, 1, Wednesday , 2 etc.

If you could tell us how to change the calculation so it would read correctly that would be great.

Thanks again,

James

I Jerry,

You made a change to your calendar but the one I would like to see the changes made to is the one you and Ino did together. There are some things on that calendar you and Ino did together that I really like. I like how the “Today’s date” is all one color on the month view, I like the way the week view is set up and I like that the Settings area gives more selections and tells you a little more of what's happening.

Both question from Milo and I are about the calendar you and Ino did together. If you would not mind making the changes there that would be great.

Thanks Jerry,

James

Edited by Guest

Hi Jerry:

Just wanted to say that I feel the calendar you and Ino have put together could be quite useful. I would like to add this on to my current application and am looking for some direction. As it is currently set up it is a great "Things to do" list. What I want to do is add it to my contact manager. I have a Tasks table where I currently track my appointments and follow ups. The problem is marrying this table to the calendar. I tried relating the tasks table to the Events table (NG) then I tried relating Tasks directly to the Calendar table. (Still NG)

I can create a new Task from the calendar, but if I created the task on the Contact layout it will not show up in the Calendar layout.

I tried following your lead by using the same fields to relate TASKS>CALENDAR. I have to assume that is where the problem lies. I added a foreign key to calendar and added that as well (NG).

Any ideas, suggestions, direction is appreciated. Once I get it to work I'd be happy to share the App with all to continue the expansion of this application.

How would you go about showing more one one calendar for the day view? So that it would show this month "April" and there could be 2 or 3 more calendars for May, June and July for example.

Could someone tell me how to do that or is it too far beyond a novice user?

My thanks to all of you, you guys are the best.

Milo

• 3 months later...

I'm new to this and the calendar is great and exactly what I needed. I am working on a database and would like to add a button that would pop up this calendar in the same layout window. How as a newbie can I do this?

Thanks for your help and patience

Edited by Guest

" a button that would pop up this calendar in the same layout window"

In FileMaker, a windows displays one layout: only one at a time. To get what you want (a calendar poping up in the same window) you'd need to duplicate the layout and add the calendar to it, so that switching the layout makes the calendar appear and disappear.

The only other alternative is to open a new window displaying the calendar layout, but then you'd have two windows... an in WindOS, you cannot have a small window floating over a maximised window: the windows are either all maximised, or all not.

Hello everyone !

Thanks for this great Calendar ! The only feature missing from my point of view is this:

Guys, it's really nice, but you need to work out a way to not double book events... Then it'll be awesome.

Any possibility that you will implement this in your new version JerryD ?

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guyz,

I really love this simple to use calender.

But.... I have found a major BUG.........

In events if you hit the enter button.

E.G: Must see Peter in regards to Filemaker. (ENTER)

But don't forget to bring the contract.

you will see the bottom line in every day of every single month.

Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks jeffe

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.