Server Maintenance This Week. ×

One Resource for ALL

Jscott

This topic is 6287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You can use separate relationships to accommodate different files.

It isn't clear to me whether if you are going to maintain this information in a separate file, or just a TO, however if you plan on packaging some of these files as separate solutions, you will need to remember to include a copy of it.

HTH

Lee

You can create a 'X' operator, cartesian join. Then you can use the table for reference purposes since it will display all the records. You would still have to create the relationship in various spots where you need it though. Unless it is across valid related data sets, in which case you could use that relationship across the tables.

Lee, it is not a seperate File. Cartesian Join? I lost you Vodka. I have 12 Tables that ask for different addresses for different people. All 12 Tables are related to each other. I can easily relate the Zip Code Table to any 1 of the 12, but what I want is simply for all 12 tables (City, State) to do a look up from the Zip table when a Zipcode is entered into an address field.

Make Sense?

It makes more sense to have all your addresses in one central table that you could reference. As Lee pointed out, what is your purpose of having 12 different tables storing addresses?

I have a Primary Table that contains data on a single person. I have 2 other Tables (Dentists & Physicians) so that if the person has 40 Dentists and 60 Physicians, I can manage that data easier. Thus the reason why I do not have all of the addresses in a single Table.

I can easily relate the Zip Code Table to any 1 of the 12, but what I want is simply for all 12 tables (City, State) to do a look up from the Zip table when a Zipcode is entered into an address field.

Use a different table occurrence of the Zipcode table for each lookup. Name them so you can tell them apart (Zipcode by Contact, Zipcode by Dentist, etc.).

This topic is 6287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.