Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Simple calc but can not get it to work

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Still very new to FM,

I have a simple database that stores multi contacts in a TABed area. And it is set so that when you enter the first contact it also auto fills in the second contact with the same data, so if the user is in the wrong TAB they see the same address, then if they want the second contact different they simple type over the data.

This I have got to work with no problem, auto fill second contact with first contact data, thats simple.

The problem I have is the postal code area I have set to be upper case with a calculation " upper (contact 1 postcode) " and this works on the first contact.

But how do I do this with the second contact.

The second contact i have set as " contact 1 " which take the same data from contact 1, but if the user requires to change the postal code by typing over it, then it does not change to upper case.

I have tried to do " contact 1 & upper (contact 2 postcode) "

But I cant seem to make it work, what calculation would I need to firstly take the data from contact 1, then if they change the data in contact 2 how to mak the change uppper case.

I must admit, I was a little confused about what the exact requirements were for your post when I read it last night. some of it sounded a little contradictory. Can you restate what you are looking for?

To me it seemed as though you have field1 which already has an Upper() auto entry to it. Then field2 is an auto-entry with the value of the data in field1. But you want change the way it displays in field2 if manually entered in field2 ot be upper correct? However, if the value is field one is upper already then field2 should be upper too. So I am confused on what you need.

Sorry about my first post, not very good at describing this.

Yes what you say is correct, apart from the end bit.

field 1 - user enters postcode, with a calc makes it uppercase if uses didnt use uppercase.

field 2 - data from field one is auto entered to make it the same, so yes the data will be upper case as field one takes care of that.

But if the user needs to change field 2 to another postcode and does not use upper case it need to make it upper case with a calc.

So field 1 has just one calc.

And I assume I would need two calcs for field 2

Thanks again in advance for all your help

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.