Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SCDownload and thumbnails

This topic is 5833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Howdy. My client wants to take advantage of the thumbnails SuperContainer generates. We want to download to the user's desktop small, medium, and large versions of the extra-large original files. I tried SCDownload(), but it appears to download only the original file. I want to get at the files in the Thumbnails folder. I solved this by writing a script that populates regular container fields, by reference to the thumbnail files. Then the script uses ExportFieldContents to push the image to the user's desktop.

I figured there might be a way for SC to do this directly, without the intervening container field. Am I missing something here?

A related topic is SCGetContainer. When I tried to populate those container fields with that function the image is stored instead of by reference. So I did not use the function and instead did an Insert Picture script step, referencing the appropriate thumbnail file that was generated by a webviewer. Is there a way to use SC directly to populate a container by reference?

Thanks.

I would use the companion plugin on users computer the container field that references the plugin to grab the image. Then use a looping script to export field contents.

Edited by Guest

Is there a way to use SC directly to populate a container by reference?

I don't think SCGetContainer has that option when used in a script, however you get essentially the same effect if you use it in an unstored calculation (with result type container).

• 2 weeks later...

SCDownload will always download the full-res version of the file.

The SCGetContainer plugin function, however, accepts two optional parameters for width and height. Use this to insert a thumbnail version of an image into a container. This will be an embedded container. Then you can export the container field contents to the file system and then create a container reference to that file.

Out of curiosity, what will you use the reference container for? Is it to display in a portal?

This topic is 5833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.