Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Check email script for server problem

This topic is 5756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently started using this plug-in and have sucessfully setup fm to send emails. I also want to use a scheduled script on Fm Server 9 to check every 5 mins for incoming email. I have had a look at the examples in the documentation with the plug in but it always pulls down the same emails over and over , not marking them as read. I am using:

Set Variable $$import ; Value:EmailReadMessages ("mailbox=INBOX" ; "to=my_email_address" ; "readonly=false" ; "viewed=false" )

and after using a few Set Field comands to get the info in the fields i am using:

Set Variable [$result ; Value:EmailMessageSetFlag ( "read" )

to mark them as read so that they don't get pulled in again

Can anybody see where I am going wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

Robert,

Are the messages still showing up as unread on the server after this?

Also, are you using IMAP or POP to retrieve messages?

After you call EmailSetMessageFlag, what is the value of $result? If it's "ERROR", call EmailLastError to get the error text.

thanks for the reply, I am assuming that they staying unread which is why the same emails keep coming in .I am using a POP type account.As for the the error message, I will try calling the error and report back.

I would show you my script but I can't find an easy way of copying it from FM and pasting it here.

thanks

Robert, I just posted a new version of the email plugin that has a new 'report a bug' button in the plugin preferences screen. Please try your script in FileMaker client, and if it is till not working, use that button to report it. This will send us all of the config info and the log file so that we can try to troubleshoot.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 5756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.