Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Emailing a layout in html

This topic is 5672 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using 360 works email plugin to send information to my customers. I have a script that goes to a layout with the required info, saves as pdf and sends it as an attachment to a customer - this works well, however rather than the customer have to open the attachment , is there a way to have that pdf show straight in the body of the email?

thanks

You may be able to have the content prior to the PDF embedded into the body of the email, but I dont think you can actually embed the PDF into the email itself.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue. I am sending a pdf to a client which works fine and I have set text which is in the body of the email made up of fields from the database and set text, which also is fine, but my client wants his logo (a jpg) to appear at the top of his e mail in the body. Can someone give me a pointer in the right direct as to how to do this.

many thanks

John

Most of the HTML emails have the logo on a webserver somewhere and the HTML email references it. So if you put the logo on a publicly accessible location and use a method to send HTML formatted emails, then you could possibly do this.

I have got a logo onto the e mail using a url (I amazed myself that i did this), but i can not get the text to appear on the same e mail. the text is a combination of set text and information accessed from fields on the database. I am not fussed if the text is html or plain as long as I can get the text and logo on the same email. Can anyone help?

Text only would mean text only. You will have to send it as an HTML email.

You may want to look into the ScriptMaster plugin. It can send emails via SMTP and its free.

http://www.360works.com/scriptmaster/

• 4 weeks later...

You should certainly be able to send an HTML email with an image tag referencing the header image. If you're using GetAsCSS to convert styled FileMaker text to HTML for the email, you can put this after the tag pointing to the header.

The email plugin also supports embedding images into the email, for people who don't load images in email, or for images you don't want to put on a public server. You can use the EmailSetBodyFile for this

http://www.360works.com/plugins/EMAILPLUG/documentation.html#EmailSetBodyFile

-Sam

• Like 1

This topic is 5672 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.