Password for one screen

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is the following possible?> I have an application with a number of screens. One of those screens is financial data and I only want certain people in it. Originally I set up a password that the financial person used to get into the application different than a regular user. Problem is if the regular user has signed in and the financial person comes to that workstation and wants to go into the financial screen they have to first log out and then back in to the application with the proper password. Is there a way to let them somehow enter a password while in the applicaition that will allow them to get into that financial screen? Does this make sense?

Mike

if the regular user has signed in and the financial person comes to that workstation and wants to go into the financial screen they have to first log out and then back

The Re-Login[] script step would be most suitable here, I think. Make sure the script forces the process to end with another re-login, where the regular user needs to log back in with their regular password.

Thanks for the fast comeback, but I may be missing something. It gives an example: Re-Login [Account Name:"MyAccount"; Password:"MyPassword"; No

dialog]

Hope I don't sound stupid, but do I put in the account and password in the script? Or do I have the user somehow type in account and password (which is what I want).

Thanks

Mike

do I have the user somehow type in account and password (which is what I want).

Of course: you call the step WITH dialog, and nothing specified - so the user must supply their own credentials.

Again, pay special attention to what happens at the end. You haven't said much about that, but you need to be extra careful not to let the regular user continue while logged in as the financial person.

OK. It works. One problem. If you go to a screen that you're not allowed to go to, you go to the screen and it says no access. How can I put a button there to get them back to a screen they are allowed to go to?

I have a button that takes you to the financial screen but if your password doesn't allow you to see it it will go there and have a dark screen and say no access. Once you're on that screen you can't get back

Of the person has no access, you can trap for that and then go back to the orig layout then display the message.

• 2 months later...

ok, i have a similar situation:

Originally logged in as "Standard User" with no access to payroll area.

Where, i add a script to my "payroll" button on my "main" screen stating:

Go to layout ["Main"]

show custom dialog ["Blah, Blah , Blah"]

Re-login[]

Once they enter their new user and pass, it will give them the correct permissions to access the payroll area from any other layout in my file, say rom the "contacts" are just fine, but if I immediately try to click "payroll" from my main screen, it goes through all the script process again. How can I place a script on the button, once it is satisfied, be no longer on that button?

Do I have to place my script on every "payroll" button on every layout? Does this make sense?

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.