unable to choose layout group in PHP Site Assistant

This topic is 5088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my FileMake Pro Advanced database, I have layouts associated with a table occurence, however, when I go to PHP Site Assistant, the Choose Layout Group is always grayed out. I don't know what causes this. The same thing happened with the sample database that came with the FM Server Advanced.

• 2 months later...

Ran some additional tests that may help some people. It appears like the problem may be external references and permissions related. The file I am trying to build a webapp using the PHP assistant consists of about 12 files. Even though I used the Admin password to connect, I noticed some of the files that are related to this file did not have the PHP privilege set up. So I went through one by one and turned it on. That still didn't solve the problem.

So I ran a little experiment, cloned the file and removed all External references under the FM menu Manage>External Data Sources. And I even removed them from the Relation graph. Bingo! Now I the layout menu popped up. So that confirmed it was some relationship that was not working. Next I went back to the file not working and checked every relationship in the Manage>External Data Sources. I found 4 old relationships that were left behind when we used FM Mobile. I deleted those. Also made sure all there were no other relationships with 3 or more old references such as 192.168.0.1/my hard drive/ etc.

Once I did that the original file that would never worked finally showed the Layout menu in the PHP assistant.

We have known since starting to work in PHP with FileMaker that permissions have to be set correctly in the databases. It's easy to think that if those other tables are not going to be viewed in PHP why do we need to enable them ? Well, it could be FileMaker wants to make sure nobody can view data via PHP that would override the FileMaker permissions such as data from a portal (form a related table with different permissions).

Hopefully this might help some people that are stumped. If this works for you please take the time to add a comment to confirm this solved your issue too.

Thank you.

Javier Villalobos

JVillalobos Consulting

[email protected]

This topic is 5088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.