FMP/Access Integrations Project

This topic is 5118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a volunteer, working with a non-profit spay/neuter clinic for mostly feral cats, near Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, CA. They needed help with keeping track of the traps they loan out to people who bring in cats to be fixed. They also wanted a contact table and a donations table. I completed the solution for them in February, and they are happy with it, but now they want a major upgrade that I am not experienced enough to tackle alone.

They are using a web based Access system to keep track of the medications used, doctors and technicians who perform these operations, and the outcome of the surgeries. This system also provides a scheduling module to provide level loading of the approximately 120 operations they do daily, keeps track of the persons bringing in the cats, and has a financial module and a host of other functions. All of this is separate from the FMP solution I have provided for them.

They now want to integrate the Access file with my solution. Is there anyone who would be interested in helping with this. They have told me that they can find some funds to pay for this effort. I have attached a screen shot of the Home page of the Access file.

Is there anyone in the L.A. area who is interested it this project?

Thanks,

FN.jpg

First off, congratulations. You have obviously done something right because their existing system appears to be a full bore vet management program.

Second, The only way I can think of to actually "Integrate" an Access program with FileMaker would be to use an ODBC driver and ESS to virtualize the existing Access files within FileMaker and then rebuild a FileMaker interface.This calls for FMP 9 or better.

The other way I can think of off hand is to manually export each access table individually and reformulate them within FileMaker and then start building.This would constitute a full rebuilding as opposed to an "Integration".

From your description, the existing system is fairly complex, so in either case, what is being proposed is nsot a small job and there is a great need to also preserve all of the existing data as one goes on.

I hope someone can come up with a cheaper idea. I keep some once ferile cats and can appreciate what they are doing.

Dave

Edited by Guest
clarity

How much "integration" do they need? The solution might be as simple as placing a web viewer control on a layout and allowing the user to interact with it, to give them acess to their Access solution from within FileMaker. If they don't actually need to be exhanging data between Access and FileMaker tables, or utilizing data stored in Access with your scripts, it might be enough to satisfy them.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.