Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker 4.1 and Applescript

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello:

I have a couple of questions regarding FileMaker 4.1 (Mac, of course) and Applescript.

I am trying to extract records from a db where the date in a date field I have set up is equal to the system date, then once I have gotten those records I want it to store in a dynamically named file that is named using the system date.

I have found examples on the FileMaker ftp server but they don't work with the version of the Applescript library that comes with 4.1. How can I make this work using FM 4.1

------------------

Matthew Levy

Web and Applications Developer

AEC Software, Inc.

[email protected]

(800)346-9413 x3037

• 3 weeks later...

Though I don't know AppleScript, the job doesn't look tooo hard (famous last words!).

By "the date in a date field I have set up is equal to the system date" do you mean that the date matches the current date? If so that part is easy: perform a find for date=Status[CurrentDate]. The next part might be achieved by perforing an export to a temp file, say temp.txt. The magic would be to create an AppleScript that just remanes the temp.txt file to currentdate.txt, and this would be done by the Finder not FileMaker Pro.

That may be the answer to the problem: get Finder to do the file renaming, not FMP.

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.