Can't search calculated summary field when hosted; works fine locally

This topic is 4628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a field that is a calculation of the sum of a calculation on a related table. Both locally and when hosted on FileMaker server the correct values are displayed. However, when searching against this field, it works properly when local, and does not work when hosted; as a matter of fact searching against the server version will only succeed if you search for nulls.

I am attaching a small sample file to demonstrate the results.

The first field "e" is the key to the related table - in this sample case, the related table is just another instance of the one table in the file.

The second field "c" is not really used in the sample; in the original application the first field +plus+ the second field forms a unique key.

The third field "flag" is either a "y" or a "n", to indicate whether this record should be counted in the result or not.

The fourth field "flagy" is a calculated field to return 1 if flag is y or 0 otherwise.

The fifth field "num ys" (number of y's found...) is a calculated field which sums up the flagy field via a self-join relationship on the first field "e".

Locally, this file works fine, as the sample data in the file shows. I can search for "num ys" equal to 0, 1, 2, 3, greater than 1, really any legal FM combination, it works fine.

When I host this file on FM Sever (running on Mac OSX), the results of this calculation DISPLAY correctly, but when you attempt to SEARCH on this field, the only successful search that I've found is the "=" equal sign to indicate that you are looking for this field to be empty.

Can someone check this out on other FM Servers and see if you have the same problem?

Thanks,

*Dale*

ec2.zip

This topic is 4628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.