Fixing tab panels that have different heights

This topic is 4571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Layout mode, when you select a single tab panel, you can see and edit its height (and other position data).

I don't know how, but I now have a tab where one tab panel is a different height to the others in the same tab object. When I edit the height setting to make it the same as the others, the others automatically increase in tandem. So the difference in height remains the same.

Can anyone tell me how to make all the tab panels have the same height?

Many thanks in advance - W.

No, it's not that. The first tab has a height of 21.661cm. The others are 22.26. So that's a difference of about 0.4 cm.

It means that objects placed at the bottom of the second tab are visible when the first tab is selected!

Or actually, 0.6cm!

File attached.

Sorry - problem with the upload. Why does FMForums tell me "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"?

OK. Second best. Here's a sequence of three screenshots. First the tab object as it appears when the screen loads. Then a look at the second tab panel in the stack. Then what happens when you click back to the first tab panel - showing the bottom of the second tab panel poking through.

post-105492-0-89037000-1318942091_thumb.

post-105492-0-01690600-1318942102_thumb.

post-105492-0-58119200-1318942113_thumb.

That is truly bizarre. If you Edit > Select All, you will see extra handles at the bottom. If you resize and make the tab panel larger to easily encompass the 'entire potential issue' then you can see a line and break at the bottom of the first tab. If you force a refresh of screen, the line disappears.

I would think *this file has crashed. And I would suggest replacing the file. If you absolutely cannot do that then I suggest you replace the tab panel.

Clarification: *this file - meaning the solution file where this tab exists

OK. Thanks very much. It is very helpful to know it is a kind of corruption. I think it is made possible by the fact that FM treats each individual tab panel as a separate object.

However, going back to an earlier version is not really an option. Too much development has been done before we spotted the problem. Replacing the tab panel we can certainly do. But would you also recommend running the Recover process?

But would you also recommend running the Recover process?

Yes, but only as a test. From the horse's mouth:

WARNING: problems were detected while recovering the database. The recovered file should NOT be used going forward; copy only the most recent work from it into a backup copy of the original file.

IOW, replace the suspected part/s and run Recover on a copy of a file until you see:

Recover built a new database without detecting any problems.

That - combined with prayers - is probably the least dangerous alternative to reverting to a known good backup.

This topic is 4571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.