Need Help, cannot see databases on windows, works on mac

This topic is 4497 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everyone - Firstly I hope I posted in the right place and also really hope someone can help me?

This is my first time, so please be gentle...

I have 10.4 server with FM Server 9. I have external authentication running and connecting to remote server via VPN.

At home I have an iMac running 10.6 with FM 11 client. I can connect via VPN without any problems and open databases.

Two laptops one with windows 7 and the other vista. Both with connect to VPN.

Originally when I open remote on either PC I could click on the server in Favourites and it would open the user and password box... enter all details and see and open databases.

My client complained that during this process they lost internet connection and could not access email etc. After a bit of research as I don't know windows too well, I established that by clearing "use default gateway" in the VPN settings I could still use my internet connection while connected to the VPN.

This is where my problem lies, as soon as I disable "use default gateway" when I go to open remote in FM client, I can see the server i added in favourites but when I click on it, nothing. I have tried putting the path to a database and it eventually times out.

Can anyone please tell me how or what to change ? or even just point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

Shelley x

This topic is 4497 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.