Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server-side Schedules & Globals

This topic is 4282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You just contradicted the post you linked to. As Wim (and you) said earlier, when you run a scheduled server script, the global sticks. When you run a script on the server via URL, no stick.

:B oops!

Thanks for catching that. Before the test, I assumed that the XML custom publishing triggered script would set the global var, then I found out that it didn't work that way... then I forgot.

Disregard my latest post, refer to my first post.

• 5 months later...

I don't think so. I said that users can run a script directly (through a URL), but they can not run a schedule directly. It may be a fine distinction but a schedule can be more complex than just a script: it can have OS level scripts before and after running the script.

Wim, can you explain how? I must be a bit thick today.

How would you call a script with php?

I know it can be done, but it must be done from a php script, which FileMaker cannot process on it's own. However, to call a script via XML, all FileMaker has to do is load a URL.

Since, I've got you on the line, Dan. How do you pass the user / pass in the XML URL?

I didn't in my sample file earlier in this thread, but I hope a url formatted like this will work:

http://username:password@hostname/path?querystring

There's the newPerformScriptCommand PHP API call. I was thinking Set Web Wiewer[] and Insert from URL[] should work just the same with PHP as XML.

That method needs to be called on an instantiated FileMaker API object, in a php script. In other words, you'd have to have a php file on a server somewhere, and open the url for that php script using Set Web Viewer[] or Insert from URL[]. There is no way to call newPerformScriptCommand from the FileMaker API directly from a url.

This topic is 4282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.