Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tweak for the Electric theme

This topic is 2620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greets, all:

I'm tweaking the Electric theme's CSS but can't figure out which line of code I need change when it comes to the text field so it doesn't cut off the text's descenders. (Descenders are the parts of a lowercase letter that dip below the rest of the text; the letters g, j, p, and y.) See the attached graphic to see what I mean.

As coded, if you were to click in a text box ('Focused' state) the descenders appear as they should; 'unfocused', they don't.

I tried setting the margin-top and margin-bottom for the edit_box:normal .text and text_area:normal .text to zero, but that didn't work, so what is it that needs to be changed?

TIA for your help!

Rich

post-76798-0-25813500-1343572522_thumb.p

Hi Rich!

Two things come to mind: 1) It appears that the text size was increased in browse mode and is too small for the field or 2) cross-platform must take into account that windows needs more space for same fonts and will produce this cut-off effect if displayed on windows but created on Mac. Also make sure that Appearance > Paragraph > Alignment is set to center (far right three icons).

Since you indicate cross-platform, I suspect number 2. Even top developers in this business do not allow enough space to allow for this difference. :^)

I'm tweaking the Electric theme's CSS

Keep this in mind: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10880/kw/customize%20theme

It was covered extensively at Devcon too. Themes in 12 are very much v1, if you tweak themes you may very well introduce problems in your files by tweaking the CSS.

Thanks for the input--appreciate it.

So once again, we're beta testers; it seems to be a common theme. *ba dum dum*

Yeah, I know--don't give up my day job.

• 4 years later...

A new question pertaining to this thread:

I created a custom theme (in FileMaker Pro Advanced)--named JCC_iPad--based on the now-deprecated Electric theme and want to tweak its CSS. However, looking in the Themes folder while using Show Package Contents, I noticed my custom theme isn't listed with any of the other themes. Any ideas where custom themes are stored nowadays (in FMPA v15.x)? TIA for your replies.

Screen Shot 1.png

Edited by WF7A
Grammar police

• 4 weeks later...

Hi WF7A,

I wouldn’t have expected your FM12  theme would be in the FM15 theme Folder.

There was a lot of discussion on how to modify the css in v12 when it was released. Those bold enough were warned by others that these themes could be lost when an update of FM12 was released. The suggestion was to save your theme somewhere other then in the same folder as the ones provided to FileMaker 12.

If you still have the FileMaker 12 themes, I would check there (or an external folder if by chance the advice was followed).

You could also import that theme from the active file. You might want to review the links I just posted to http://fmforums.com/topic/101117-clear-modified-states/#comment-460254

and the follow up one.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 2620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.