Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is there a bug with the number of related tables

ozziggy

This topic is 4040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all 

I have several related tables all hanging off a main table (filemaker pro 12). The tables are related by an auto generated unique ID. Lets call that a patient ID for want of a better description. I have merrily created these related tables while building my solution and they work fine. The patient ID can be displayed in the layouts of the related tables using the local field that "patient ID" that is related to the main table and all is good. 

For example one of the related tables is called drug information and my layout shows the patient ID followed by the drug information for that patient.

That is until now, now when i create a new table to log wound information the layout will not display the patient ID. This is even though i have setup this new realted table in the same way i have setup all the others. Is there a bug that i am unware of, is there a maximum number of related tables that can be setup?

Thanks for that, i must be going mad

I will work on it some more, i am sure its  something simple , i just cant work out why it works in one table and not the other.

I literally have the same setup. 

In related table Parent to table B:

The patient ID (set to auto generate on creating a record)  in the parent table is used as the related field to the child table

The child table is set to allow creation of records etc.

When i try to display the "child patent ID"  in table B, i just get a blank space.

It also does not create records when i add a record from the main table. 

In related table Parent to table C, it works as i want. In that, i create a record in parent table and a record is automatically created in the child table tagged to the "Patient ID)

I have no idea why it works in one case and not the other.

It also does not create records when i add a record from the main table.

In related table Parent to table C, it works as i want. In that, i create a record in parent table and a record is automatically created in the child table tagged to the "Patient ID).

New records are never 'automatically' created in the child table. You must enter a value in a child's field and only then will child record be created and the parentID be inserted into the new record. If it is not working make sure that the keys are of same data type. If that isn't it then we would need to see your file.

This topic is 4040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.