Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Triggering Filemaker scripts using the filemaker URL scheme

This topic is 3904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If you're just trying to trigger the script to run at a certain time from within FileMaker Go, rather than from another app running on iOS, why don't you just use the OnTimer script trigger?

If you're just trying to trigger the script to run at a certain time from within FileMaker Go, rather than from another app running on iOS, why don't you just use the OnTimer script trigger?

Atleast on the Desktop, Whenever I tried creating a count down timer with OnTimer Script trigger, that updated a visual representation of time left using a progress bar...

1.The screen flickered everytime the progressbar was updated by a script step

2. Filemaker wouldn't let me do anything on the fields during this update. So if I were to run the progressbar updating everysecond, I couldnt do anything useful on the screen until the count down finished.

There is already that article about Javascript countdown timers in Filemaker using a webviewer. The technique looks very complicated. So wanted to know if I could use a javascript countdown timer which when reaches zero could trigger a script using the FMP URL Scheme before going down that path.

Or may be there is a different way of using the OnTimer Script trigger to create a progressbar that visually represents the time a user has left to enter data in a layout? May be this flicker is not there on Mac or iOS ?

Thanks for any suggestions

You should be able to create and call the function. Something like:

EDIT: Sorry had to add as image because the forums didnt like the code snippet.

post-72675-0-05586300-1377275807_thumb.j

• Like 1

This topic is 3904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.