Extract Only Checked Values In A Value List

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

How can I extract the following Values where the "x" is the check box in the value list:

Apples

x Grapes

Oranges

Pears

x Lettuce

x Cucumbers

Pork

Steak

Flowers

x Brown Rice

I want to auto populate a second field ( below ) with only the check item from the value list ( above ).

Grapes

Lettuce

Cucumbers

Brown Rice

Thank you.

Tom

Not sure of your current setup but if you have a value list of those values and a checkbox entry on a field using that value list then the field will already contain a return delimited list of the selected items.

How do you have it set up now?

That is what I thought.  The value list is just that, predefined items just like my example.  What my customer wants to see is a summary if you will of what was selected in a separate layout / reports.

But when I use "GetValue" that doesn't work because I have to tell it which one. And since I have more that one selected ... Nope!

Then I tried, ValueListItems, and this only gives me "All" values in the list regardless whether or not I've click the check boxes or not.

Totally confused here.  I couldn't find a "GET" function to do this either, huh??

Where is this delimited list of the select items, I guess would be my first questions.

If you are saying it is the same field which the value list is "ON"; then my question is how do I pull out only the check boxed items.

Thank you,

Tom :-)

Oops! Im sorry, the value list is looking to another table's field info: Categories.

There is about 50 records in this "Category Table" with the defined category data.

I've currently selected to show "All" values until I can solve this issue.  But I will be isolating those categories by a relationship so to only show the appropriate values to select based on layout selected.

Anyway.  All I need to do is somehow pull out those value that are checked.  Some how, any help will be grateful.

Thank you.

I've answered my own questions.

Here is my calculation:

RightValues ( Category Intra Oral Examination ; ValueCount ( List ( Category Intra Oral Examination ) ) -1 )

I started with just the "LIST"; List ( Category Intra Oral Examination ) but found out that the results included the field name along with the values selected.  So I had to add to the "LIST" calculation the "RightValues" with a count - 1 so it removed the first value which was the field name ( If I wanted to see the field name included, I would not need the "RightValue" ).

The above calc is inside the field I want to display only the selected values, like a field to show only those values selected.

So, thank you everybody.

I hope this helps those who need this.

Your solution is a rube goldberg device.

The answer is to show the same field, but without the value list attached. As Wim has already said.

Or, in different terms, place the same field on your second layout, and  format the field on the second layout as an edit box, not a checkbox field. Under the hood, a checkbox field is just a return-delimited list of the values checked.

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.