Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Anyway to trigger on the Big Red X right corner.. or prevent X

RodM
Go to solution Solved by jbante,

This topic is 3773 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i need my logged operators to Not Windows X quit FM 

but properly exit using my own script  so we can close out some stuff that operator might have open..

Any ideas..

Now I test operator relogging in and force a clear that way using a operator_id,  if they are still, then do something...

or  at some pre set time trigger script to test what operators are  still logged on

since the presistent_Id no longer works   i am getting duplicate presistent#'s  and got FM notice OS* no longer supports persistent uniqueness

Any ideas come to mind..   how do you know who's logged in to or have FM lic up,

who's who?

• Solution

You can control what happens when users try to close a FileMaker database using the OnLastWindowClose trigger. You can even prevent users from closing the file entirely by exiting the script with a result of False, since OnLastWindowClose is a pre-event trigger.

Get ( PersistentID ) has been fixed. You just have to make sure your FileMaker Go users have updated to 12.0.8 or later.

Another thought, untested and potentially dangerous if mishandled is, what if your last window on exit was a modal window with widgets (including ability to exit) removed?

Of course they can also just power down, right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Happy New Years  Revisiting preventing X again
Your mentioned the Script trigger    OnLastWindow closed

I have not used new command , and i am using FM ver12,  ... even is hard finding it.. except reading the FM docs.. in a layout, setup.. the new tab, script triggers...     that particular commands not there?

Now where are my other choices?
Here is the script i am calling, is a progress banner delaying operator 10secs in my demo mode

See attached,  is a screen capture of my script

Thanks,  looking at my script,  any idea where i can put OnLastWindow closed command, to  prevent operator X trigger when in this special layout?
I just needed a simple banner progress to delay operator in my demo... then later I remove called annoying banner.
Maybe there's a better way free way.. I am open to..    couldn't find

Currently it crash FM
.. operator gets anxious press X in New Window.. i progressively change the title name displaying title message..  Current message starts staying "Do not X-out"    :) ugggg

It crashes out of the app...   all my other message windows,
yes i allow operators to close earlier..

...this one acts as a program running... X is interpreted as close program

TIA    Rod

post-85391-0-15327200-1388607762_thumb.j

OnLastWindowsClose was introduced in FM12 so you're good  You can find it in  File > File Options > Script Triggers tab

You can't prevent users clicking the red X, unless you only show that layout in a special modal window where you have control over taking away those widgets.  Looking at your script that's where you should be heading.

This topic is 3773 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.