Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remove unwanted linebreaks?

Jackie Z.

This topic is 3733 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field in my database in which job applicants paste the text from their resumes. It often comes through with random line breaks that I'd like to clean up. (see attached)

This isn't white space or carriage returns. Maybe it's a text wrap issue? Anyone have a function I could try? Thanks! 

post-100217-0-35329800-1392217033_thumb.

This isn't white space or carriage returns.

Well, it does look like white space. Could you do the following? Right-click into the field and select Export Field Contents... Zip the resulting file (before you open it with any other application) and post it here.

TextFormatRemove(Self) 

This will remove formatting from the existing text - not modify the text itself (remove unwanted characters).

What I see is just plain carriage returns entered after the two "and" words by someone who thinks they need to break the lines manually (there's something you wouldn't expect to discover from a resumé, isn't it?).

If you make your field a bit wider, it will straighten itself out. Otherwise you'd just need to remove them manually, since there's no way to tell them apart from legitimate paragraph breaks.

This topic is 3733 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.