Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Works with FMP 12, not with FMP 13.

This topic is 3521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

To test FMP 13, I did install it on top of FMP 12, on a PC, Win 7, 

It seemed to work properly, with a strange exception. 

The script command, Import records, which works properly with FMP 12, doesn't work, on the same PC, with the same file on the same FMS 12 server, using the same script.... It returns Error 10, data required missing. (I translate from the french version)

(See the context in the attached file)

I was asked on the french forum to try insert from url : same problem works on FMP 12, not FMP 13

I was asked to compare the result of the calculated url in the viewer. They seemed to be exactly the same. (even the viewer answered 1 when asked URLFMP12 equals URL FMP13)

I was asked to open the url in IE, to copy the XML code into notepad and to save it with an XML extension. When I tried the import record script command from this file, it did work with FMP 12 and FMP 13....

Does somebody have any explanation? 

Thank you for your help. 

Jacques

Erreur FMP13-2.pdf

Hello,

It seems that nobody is very inspired by my problem, nevertheless very puzzling for me.

The french speaking forum could not find any explanation, but tried!

What about the english speaking forum? !!

Any suggestion to go forward?

Thank you,

JL

No Answer, it's disappointing

That's a bit harsh to post back.  These are all volunteers that spend numerous hours helping out where they can.  You can not expect a answer.

Your problem is very difficult to troubleshoot in the abstract without seeing all the data, the produced XML, etc.

Plus it is coming up to the Labor Day weekend in the US and Canada so a lot of people are taking time off.

There's always the option of logging a support ticket with FMI and have them look at the solution.

Probably too difficult!

Yes, it is difficult to analyze a problem without being able to reproduce it. At minimum, you should have included a screenshot of the exact error message (even in French).

One thing I can tell you is that there has been a change in the way Importing data from a URL works in version 13. It wasn't supposed to break anything that has been working in previous versions, but - as with any change - it could have. It certainly sounds like you are describing a bug.

Thank you for your answers

First of all, I certainly didn't meant to be rude. I fully understand the context of this forum. Actually, I was disappointed not to have any answer, even if I understand that nobody has to answer and that it could be difficult to answer.
I'm really sorry if I did hurt somebody.

I attached some screenshots.

I remind (see previous post) that the problem occurs on the same machine, the same file on the same FMPS 12 server, the same script. The only change is the FMP A version. It works with 12 not with 13

The FMP error message that I get with 13  is, in french, Erreur 10. Données requises manquantes. Error 10, Required data missing?

You will find a screenshot of the script step, a screenshot with the URL calculation and result in the viewer in FMP 12 and FMP 13, which are the same for me, a screenshot of the XML file (Calculated URL in Internet explorer, on the same machine)

I can add that, when I copy/paste this XML file in notepad, save it with an XML extension, the i"mport records" from this .xml file works, both in 12 and 13...

Thank you again for your help, if possible!

JL

FMP script .pdf

FMP Viewer.pdf

FMP XML File.pdf

I could not reproduce your error message when importing XML. As I said, it sounds like a bug. To make sure, I would suggest you create a brand new file, with a single table and only a few fields. Then try to import into this file, using a script with only one step - Import Records - and with the HTTP request being hard-coded, not calculated. If this works in 12 but not in 13, then ring the bug bell.

New file, test

One table

One script 

One script step : import records

URL = copy paste from the result of the calculated URL in the viewer

Works with 12, doesn't with 13 (Again, same machine, same file, same script, ....)

How can I report such a problem to Filemaker?

This topic is 3521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.