Web Server Settings in FileMaker Server 12

JackLKochJr

This topic is 2526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I integrated a credit care payment gateway (by Nelix Transax) into my database solution about two years ago.  What I was not aware of at the time was the fact that the gateway provider requires my server to be scanned on a quarterly basis by ControlScan (even though I do not record or maintain any credit card information in my database).  My solution also includes SeedCode's Zulu software creating an iCal server (using port 80).

My most recent scan failed as a result of two vulnerabilities:  the web server autoindex is enabled and the Apache ETag header discloses inode numbers.  In my web server deployment, I have turned off PHP and Instant Web Publishing but I have to use XML (for Zulu).  Since FileMaker is using it's own copy of Apache, I can't find how to correct the two vulnerabilities causing my scans to fail.  I would certainly appreciate any guidance or insights that anyone might have.

(I am hosting my database solution via FileMaker Server Advanced 12.0.5.551 [although the About window STILL says 12.0.3.327] on OSX 10.8.5.  I have not upgraded my server machine to Mavericks due to the issue with FM Server 12 and Mavericks preventing the server from sending e-mails.)

This topic is 2526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HOnza
      Everyone is excited about Lion. Even though many new features on Mac OS X 10.7 are giving us improvements we kept asking for since 10.1, Apple has again succeeded in giving all the new features the strong essence of innovation that makes us unable to hesitate to install and try Lion out as soon as we are able to.
      But we are also afraid. What if some important apps stop working?
      Read more in my article. Alredy updated with links to other resources and opinions...
    • By mleiser
      I go into my FM server like I always did before. The only difference is I'm coming in through teamviewer as I'm not in the office. I get this message and just don't know what to do:
      I get the following error message. Tried to push the button to start database on the top left and it's hanging.
      The database server is not available
      admin console functionality is limited to filemaker server overview and the log viewer panes.
      to use other functionality, the server administrator must start the database server again.
    • By Teilo
      So, the time has come. Runtime support is gone in 19.
      This puts me in a quandary. At my company, I have a handful of small apps that do nothing but import CSVs and print labels with barcodes on Zebra label printers, or packing slips with pictures for each item. These are one-off special purpose databases. There is no active data management. The scripts clear out the DB and import a fresh CSV on each run.
      I have tried making these applications work with Server, to no avail. I doubt anything has changed in 19.
      I can understand Claris wanting to move to an online subscription-based model, but the problem is that the server version is not at feature parity with the desktop client for certain essential things I need, like printing to a label printer, or exporting PDFs with images that come from a folder full of PNG files that change on each run.
      I have some time, obviously, but version 18 will not run forever, especially if Apple's shenanigans continue. Is Claris listening, or should I just assume that this is a lost cause?
    • By TaiChi56
      I have always developed with FileMaker for windows. I have bought myself a MacBook Air and love it. So now I am using FileMaker 16 Pro advance for MAC. I know that MAC does not label their directories like windows does. So I am having problems figuring out to get the right coding to access my photos. I have a folder called "Photos" that reside on the C: drive in windows. Then I reference that folder so pictures will populate automatically when I put in a record. Here is what I have on the windows fileMaker:
      ImagePath:
      Let ( [ // Transform the contents of a container field named Images to text ImageRef = GetAsText ( ImagePath); Photos = Position ( ImageRef; "/"; 1; PatternCount ( ImageRef; "/")) ]; Middle ( ImageRef; Photos + 1; Length ( ImageRef ) - Photos ) ) images:
      "imagewin:/C:/Photos/" & Film::title & ".jpg" Then I go into Import folder and point to the folder all the photos are in. The problem I have now is how to point to that folder in "imagewin", is their an alternative called imagemac, then I could put in Macintosh HD/Users/patricks/Documents.  The folder is in the Document folder, called Photos. Thank you for any help.
    • By Jonah74
      Am I righting in thinking I can use a case statement to evaluate two fields and return an answer into a third field ie: Field A has the number 27 in it. Field B has the number 32 in it.  Could the case statement look at the difference and put the difference in Field 3.The difference being 5? 
      I’m also trying to get this to do the math on data entry, so the figure in Field A is 27 but when the user enters the new figure in Field B (i.e 32), it looks at that difference between A and B, copies the difference of 5 to Field 3 and then also copies the figure 32 from Field B into Field A thereby updating Field A to the new value.
      Help, suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.