Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server 12 and WampServer 2.2 in conflict

This topic is 4016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I finally was able to instal with success FM Server 12 on a Windows 7 dedicated PC. I have the Server Web, Publication Web motor and the Database Server running. When I start the Wamp Server (basically a MySQL Server) there seems to be a conflict with the port 80. FM Server runs well but I need to instal on the same pc a MySQL server.

If this does not work, I could run the WampServer on another PC and connect to it via ODBC but with the FM Server license I have I don't believe I will be able to connect via ODBC to that db on another PC. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for anyones help.

FMS and WAMP really don't belong on a Windows 7 box...

Having said that; the Apache in WAMP and IIS  of Windows 7 are clearly fighting over the same port.  So change either one of those web servers to use a different port.  That's not a FMS configuration but a web server configuration.  If you choose to change IIS over to another port you will have to rerun the FMS deployment wizard to make sure the web publishing engine connects to IIS on that new port.

Don't know what FMS license you have or what you need the ODBC for.  Do you want to connect to FMS from MySQL through ODBC or from FMS to MySQL through ODBC?

Hi Wim,

Thanks for that! I know that the server should be put on a Windows server box but my environment is small so far so I am keeping my investment low for now anyhow!

Regarding the ODBC, all I need is to interact (create/write/modify/delete) data that is in two MySQL tables. Our partner requests that we run these two tables on a MySQL environment. Data that I copy into these two tables, that they modify and that I recover at the end of the day. These two table are really very small tables that will not eat much resources. For this reason I would like to put them on the same machine. Also since I have only purchased the FMS 12 and not the FMS Adv 12 I believe I need to have the MySQL database on the same machine because of the ODBC capabilities allowed. Perhaps I'm totally wrong here on this assumption.

In short, I want to connect to this MySQL database using ODBC in order to (create/write/modify/delete) data in that database.

Also since I have only purchased the FMS 12 and not the FMS Adv 12 I believe I need to have the MySQL database on the same machine because of the ODBC capabilities allowed. Perhaps I'm totally wrong here on this assumption.

That is a wrong assumption.  From what you describe it sounds like you can use the ESS feature and that is available with regular FileMaker Server.  Server Advanced is only needed if you want to give xDBC access TO your filemaker data.   What you describe is having FM read from MySQL, not having MySQL read from FM.

So regular FMS will do.  Read up on what ESS is: http://www.filemaker.com/support/technologies/sql.html

If you wanted to have MySQL read FM data through ODBC and you only have regular FMS, then you would certainly NOT put the MySQL database on your FMS box.  In this scenario you can only get ODBC access to a a file that is already open with FileMaker Pro and that is not what you want to do on your FMS box.

This topic is 4016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.